Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who all on here is NOT having Transmission problems???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Who all on here is NOT having Transmission problems???

After all this Transmission talk.......... I wonder how many of us are NOT having problems with their Transmissions.

I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS! Who else doesnt? (I'm just curious)

Ford has been the best selling trucks for 34 years....... Of course theres gonna be a handful that have problems...... (iPhone anyone)??? Same idea....

Old 04-13-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no gear head and might not notice if there was a problem, but after about a year and a half, I have no complaints, heard not grinding, clunking, felt no slippage. but my back window does leak a bit
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 supercrew XLT and couldn't be happier. This thing runs like a gem, although with the 5.4L I was expecting a little more get up and go, but not a big deal. At the start I had the 2-1,1-2, but nothing major to even worry about, started driving a little more aggressive and since then, smooth shifting and great 1-2,2-1.Overall , love everything about this truck. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but since buying this truck, seems like these trucks are everywhere, just a ton on the roads I find, love it !!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no problems
Old 04-13-2011, 05:07 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Prob no-blem so far.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

something else I've noticed and its very helpful..... If your sitting in stop and go traffic, turning on "Tow/Haul" mode, makes it SOOO better, and more convenient. Just sayin....
Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
RPLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems so far on my 2010 FX4 with about 3500 miles on it.

Trending Topics

Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Dan

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeter
I have a 2009 supercrew XLT and couldn't be happier. This thing runs like a gem, although with the 5.4L I was expecting a little more get up and go, but not a big deal. At the start I had the 2-1,1-2, but nothing major to even worry about, started driving a little more aggressive and since then, smooth shifting and great 1-2,2-1.Overall , love everything about this truck. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but since buying this truck, seems like these trucks are everywhere, just a ton on the roads I find, love it !!
+1
At first I had these issues and learned to put my foot into it a little more than i would on another vehicle and it drives great now...
Old 04-13-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

17K miles, no problems at all.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

It has been my perception here (and other forums) that negativity gets the most reaction--i.e., the most views, the most posts of response.

Write a post about how good your vehicle is, or how happy you are, and it will not get much more than a yawn of response. However, start your thread with a WTF!!! And stand by for a massive response!

Granted, some issues have been apparent with some of the A/T's on a percentage of vehicles; as you would expect with anything mechanical. However, my perception is that it is not as great an issue as some would have you believe. And, in a form of [trolling], there have been some posts made here over the past two years or so, which may have even been fabricated by individuals who do not have a life and who have nothing else to talk about; individuals who have no joy in life, other than having the 'thrill' of dozens respond to their bogus thread/post. Moreover, I am sure there are some who come in here who are fan boys of Toyota or GM; and just like to stir the pot and/or create an illusion, that the product is inherently defective.

I take special note of some, who have no posting or forum history here, and will come in and their first post is something really negative about the truck.
Again, I am not trying to take away from those who have had legitimate issues, and contribute in a balanced manner here on this board; I am however saying that IMO, this A/T "issue" is not as great as some here have so stridently attempted to paint as such.

And no--I have not had any negative issues with the A/T on my 2009 XLT, (27,000 miles) which I push hard on a daily basis; and it just keeps pushing back!!

Last edited by NorCal-09; 04-13-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added mileage figure

Quick Reply: Who all on here is NOT having Transmission problems???