Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you don't like about your new F150

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What you don't like about your new F150

Just so if Ford engineers are reading the boards....

-auto dimming driver door mirror....gives a distorted view
-cubby at the front of the main doors....it sticks out too far & i hit it with my boot, every time i get out of the truck
-no storage bins under the read seat, everything shifts around on the floor
-the height of the truck is way too high, exp. for a 2wd...that's why alot of owners have lowered them

Last edited by kaptnkrunch; 04-10-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 AM

Blinker mode for changing lanes. Wish it blinked at least 2 more times ;-)
Old 04-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Shadow Wolf

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I love sync, and i hate sync, has good qualities, and weird quirks, like not staying in the last sync mode i was using like... Bluetooth audio. gotta tell it to switch to that every time.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no where to comfortably rest your left arm while driving. It's either to high if you put your arm by the window or to low on the armrest. My 09 silverado was the perfect height. And don't like when you shut the doors the door panel distorts
Old 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goody
There is no where to comfortably rest your left arm while driving. It's either to high if you put your arm by the window or to low on the armrest. My 09 silverado was the perfect height. And don't like when you shut the doors the door panel distorts
Totally agree with you about the arm rest options.

I'll also add: washer fluid level indicator would be nice, curb assist tilting mirrors when in reverse would be nice for parallel parking. My 2003 GMC Yukon XL had both of those features and I miss them.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

1. Poor transmission programming (clunks, random shift firmness, upshifts too quickly, locks converter too aggressively).
2. MPG - not so hot around the city in my 2012 FX4 with the Ecoboost.
3. Outer doorskins visibly "rattle" when you shut a door.
4. Came with street tires on an "Off Road" package truck.
5. After 1200 miles it still smells like something is burning under the hood.
6. Headlights are weak.
7. Sync and it's lack of memory. It would be nice that if I was listening to Pandora on my phone that it would revert to that when it remains connected in between drives for example.
8. Navigation sound system sounds about average for a normal offering, not a high end offering. Also the voice response is SLOW.
9. No dead pedal.
10. Some rear axle gear whine at 50-55 MPH.
11. No locking gas filler door or cap.
12. Way to sensitive of a throttle. I have to use the instant MPG screen and keep backing my foot off to get the best possible milage. However that takes away from paying attention to the road.
13. Why does cruise control get WORSE mileage than if you're not using it? Probably the same as the issue above and the computer is not smart enough to roll out of the throttle a bit more.
14. Cheap "leather" on the seats which probably won't wear well with time.

I really like my truck though but it's not perfect. It does drive really nice, performance is good and I like the looks. However those items above have been noted by me in the last few weeks of ownership.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 AM

Received 70 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by unixadm
1. Poor transmission programming (clunks, random shift firmness, upshifts too quickly, locks converter too aggressively).
2. MPG - not so hot around the city in my 2012 FX4 with the Eco boost.
6. Headlights are weak.
7. Sync and it's lack of memory. It would be nice that if I was listening to Pandora on my phone that it would revert to that when it remains connected in between drives for example.
8. Navigation sound system sounds about average for a normal offering, not a high end offering. Also the voice response is SLOW.
9. No dead pedal.
12. Way to sensitive of a throttle. I have to use the instant MPG screen and keep backing my foot off to get the best possible milage. However that takes away from paying attention to the road.
13. Why does cruise control get WORSE mileage than if you're not using it? Probably the same as the issue above and the computer is not smart enough to roll out of the throttle a bit more.

I really like my truck though but it's not perfect. It does drive really nice, performance is good and I like the looks. However those items above have been noted by me in the last few weeks of ownership.
what the hell is #9 a dead pedal? i have never heard this be for.

my only bitch is the two guys i know with Eco boost think there ****** don't stink and there truck's are some kind of god! funny thing is i get better MPG than them pulling the same load. sure they seem to get it to 60 mph faster ( but not buy much). but hey pulling a load ant about speed! and my 5.4 pulls just fine if you look at it from a safety aspect!
The following users liked this post:
samsf150 (09-25-2013)
Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Originally Posted by unixadm
2. MPG - not so hot around the city in my 2012 FX4 with the Ecoboost.
6. Headlights are weak.
9. No dead pedal.

Oh boy another one of these threads! Gotta be one of these at least twice a month.

Sounds like you have some issues....I have none of these problems.
The following users liked this post:
samsf150 (09-25-2013)
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Dead pedal is a foot rest to the left of the other pedals. Most of my cars have had them and I miss it too. You can leave your foot there comfortably while cruising instead of resting on your heel or putting your foot with your knee bent and flat on the floor.

Originally Posted by blueovelboy
what the hell is #9 a dead pedal? i have never heard this be for.

my only bitch is the two guys i know with Eco boost think there ****** don't stink and there truck's are some kind of god! funny thing is i get better MPG than them pulling the same load. sure they seem to get it to 60 mph faster ( but not buy much). but hey pulling a load ant about speed! and my 5.4 pulls just fine if you look at it from a safety aspect!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Little things that came on the truck that I wish were different....

1. I don't like all the chimes. I wish there were a way to disable them.
2. The Pirelli tires are nice, but I wish it had something more aggressive.
3. The radio antennae.. smaller or more easily removable would be better.

Things that didn't come on the truck that I wish had..

1. Door sill protectors. Come on Ford, do you need $20 that bad?

2. I like the Sony/Sync system, but each time I use it, I can't help but think how much better it would be if it just had internet and laptop capabilities. I wish it were a touchscreen computer that would allow me to use Google Maps and all the apps from my phone. It would be great. Sure, they would have most features disabled while in gear, but it would allow us to choose our own navigation software/system, our own weather, sports, download music and movies...etc... plus a whole lot more. The current system does nothing except hold us hostage to certain companies and the associated fees that go along with them. I don't appreciate having to pay $200 to update my Nav in my $2k system, meanwhile my $150 Android phone maps cost nothing and are updated without any user input. The first car company that offers this wins... and it will open the floodgates for everyone else. It's coming... and I wish Ford had gone first.

Last edited by Jocksagent; 04-08-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: What you don't like about your new F150