Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a good smartphone-mounting-system and where is a good place to install it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 07:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What is a good smartphone-mounting-system and where is a good place to install it?

Hi friends. Just upgraded to a 2010 F150 XLT. I love the truck and I'm trying to figure out where to mount my huge Nexus 6 smartphone (6" screen). It is in a cover so any aftermarket system would work. I need to be able to use maps, spotify etc while driving so it has to be within reach.

Whats a good product and where did you mount it?

Pictures are very welcome!

Thanks and have a great weekend.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6s Plus 6s 5s 5c Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge S6 S5 Note 5 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRGOKQ8..._kxHuxbVGT40HW
Attached Thumbnails What is a good smartphone-mounting-system and where is a good place to install it?-image-476003522.jpg  

Last edited by Gx2Lariat; 06-03-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.mountek.com/shop/categori...-and-phablets/

has been great! slides into the cd slot and holds pretty well. I have an iphone6 though, left the magnetic inside my phone case - didnt need to peel and stick. It has never fallen off while driving or sudden pot holes.

PLUS who uses cd's anymore!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Nite ize steelie, my favorite mount by far
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BAQ...XmL&ref=plSrch
Attached Thumbnails What is a good smartphone-mounting-system and where is a good place to install it?-photo461.jpg  

Last edited by kidastra; 06-03-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:53 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Or this thing looked good
Amazon.com: Car mount, Tablet mount InfiniApps DuoMount[MAGNETIC MOUNT] The original, best, patented CD Slot Mount, Car Phone Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Car mount, Tablet mount InfiniApps DuoMount[MAGNETIC MOUNT] The original, best, patented CD Slot Mount, Car Phone Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 06-03-2016, 11:59 PM
PhiPhi K A

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have this and love it. Simple and easy and works great. It works with a magnet inside your case (between the case and the phone). You can use any case. Or, if you want, the magnet has a sticky side and you can just stick it to your phone.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...trip?crid=1537

Last edited by Noleman; 06-04-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:01 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have this
Amazon.com: Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices: Car Electronics
in our Expy and F150. I use a iphone 6 and wifey has a Galaxy Note and it holds either one fine. She has an otter box on hers, and it still works well with the case.

I was concerned about a magnet and battery drain, but that must be a "wive's tale". Also was concerned about it dropping the phone, but my F150 manages to find every bump in every road and it has not dropped yet.

Plus, it was $15. I was using some huge contraption with a suction cup that was $25 and it was ridiculous.
I also use my cd player because it has mp3 tunes on it and I have too many issues with keeping my usb recognized and defaulting, so cd type was not an option for me

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2016, 12:07 AM
PhiPhi K A

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mtondreo
I have this Amazon.com: Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices: Car Electronics in our Expy and F150. I use a iphone 6 and wifey has a Galaxy Note and it holds either one fine. She has an otter box on hers, and it still works well with the case.

I was concerned about a magnet and battery drain, but that must be a "wive's tale". Also was concerned about it dropping the phone, but my F150 manages to find every bump in every road and it has not dropped yet.

Plus, it was $15. I was using some huge contraption with a suction cup that was $25 and it was ridiculous.
I also use my cd player because it has mp3 tunes on it and I have too many issues with keeping my usb recognized and defaulting, so cd type was not an option for me
The picture in that link that shows the magnet in between the phone and the case is exactly how the logictech one works, but you dont have to stick anything to your dash.

Why bro....why?

Hey, Pinellas Park. Youre like 20 mins from me.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:17 AM

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by kidastra
Nite ize steelie, my favorite mount by far
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BAQ...XmL&ref=plSrch
this is the answer. and you will be surprised where else you place your phone once you have the magnet on the back.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Noleman
Why bro....why?

Hey, Pinellas Park. Youre like 20 mins from me.
C'mon, you can't have a 6" phone blocking one of your air vents down here in FL (looks like that is how the Logitech works).

removal of 3m adhesive when the truck changes hands = Goo Gone.

Yes Tampa - right across the bridge.

Quick Reply: What is a good smartphone-mounting-system and where is a good place to install it?