Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Woe Vent

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Warranty Woe Vent (Make sure you have three vehicles apparently)

Alright, so I took the truck in for the "fuel in oil smell" TSB....ordered all the parts and took it in yesterday. The TSB calls for 4 hours....they said it would be 8 hours.

Last night I get a call at 5PM saying that will be ready around 4:30 PM today because of cross threaded bolts. Today I get a another call saying that another bolt needs to be be "emergency ordered" and now it will NOT be ready before Monday. So a 4 hour job is now....A 24hour job minimum.

Then I am told that I need an ESP as they can not give me a loaner car. So basically we are down to one vehicle all weekend and my wife works all weekend, too . So 4 hours turned into 24 hours of work time and now I'm without a vehicle for like 96 hours.

I went with Ford because I liked my dealership....they were bought out so I'm using a new dealership. Ohhhh I am royally upset. I've got no problem getting an ESP-----MINUS that I shouldn't need one.

On top of all of this----now that turbo will have been off the truck three times, with several bolts replaced in it....two that were "cross-threaded" and now a broke one.

Guys I had to vent, but this is NOT why I went with Ford. I see now why that CR has them dropping in customer service.

How much is the ESP for 100K miles?? Anyone know----I guess I should've added that into my final price as I guess I needed that one.

Last edited by 13'TwinScrew; 03-21-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I feel your pain and frustration. I was without my truck for over a week after the dealership I brought it to managed to "fry" my PCM while performing the transmission hard shift TSB. "Sorry we broke your truck sir, would you like to rent a vehicle for up to 10 days?". As for the ESP pricing I am not sure... I never buy into those.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:37 PM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Yeah me either, I really didn't think I would need one. You would think that the 3 yr Bumper to Bumper would cover something like this. I mean you have "roadside" for 3 years....why not a loaner car???

The first day I was like, cool "poop" happens. Now, with the "you need a ESP for things like this" I am pissed. I've bought seven vehicles through Ford.....4 weren't Ford's and never had an issue. 2 out 3 have had to be looked at.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:52 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

a FORD ESP does not automatically include rental insurance, unless you OPT for it.......(which is $95 EXTRA, in addition to the ESP)...
Old 03-21-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I'd be upset too. To me this is no longer a Ford warranty issue it's a dealership service screw up. They cross threaded the bolts and caused you to be without a vehicle so they should give you a loaner. I would have told the service manager to find me a vehicle to drive. If they didn't I would have made it known to anyone else there having their vehicle serviced that the tech screwed up your truck and now you don't have anything to drive. Might not have been the right thing to do but maybe they'll treat their customers better in the future since it was their fault.
The following 3 users liked this post by Apeman:
NASSTY (03-21-2014), redfred (03-21-2014), Wanted33 (03-22-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by Apeman
I'd be upset too. To me this is no longer a Ford warranty issue it's a dealership service screw up. They cross threaded the bolts and caused you to be without a vehicle so they should give you a loaner. I would have told the service manager to find me a vehicle to drive. If they didn't I would have made it known to anyone else there having their vehicle serviced that the tech screwed up your truck and now you don't have anything to drive. Might not have been the right thing to do but maybe they'll treat their customers better in the future since it was their fault.
X2
My dealership always provides loaner cars. Providing loaners depends on the dealer, some do some don't. Ford has nothing to do with that.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gregsf150stx
a FORD ESP does not automatically include rental insurance, unless you OPT for it.......(which is $95 EXTRA, in addition to the ESP)...
Not true

The 95 option is for enhanced rental
Old 03-22-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Wow - you need a new dealer. Or a polite conversation with the service manager. I'd be asking for a loaner for their screw ups too.

When my SHO needed a couple days to put in a knock sensor, the second thine the service guy said was "we'll set you up in a loaner - it may be a few more days until we have one available." When it needed a day and a half to install a new PTU vent (the PTU needed to come out), they did the same thing. No ESP, no nothing, just great customer service.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:31 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Wont give you a loaner?? Sounds like a crappy dealership. We took my wife's Edge to our local dealership for a problem with the rear door. They gave her a loaner. Part was backordered and it took nearly a month to get the part. They let her keep the loaner for a month even though she could have picked up her car and taken it back in when the part came. Kicker is that we didn't even buy the Edge there, although I did buy my truck there.

Last edited by king nothing; 03-22-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear about your truck. I think they should cover your rental. If you are looking for a Ford ESP plan, Flood Ford sales them online for a good price. I bought mine from them. Local dealership wanted a $1,000.00 more.
http://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Quick Reply: Warranty Woe Vent