Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty claim denied

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warranty claim denied

I took my truck in because my hinges are denting my door. It seems the door is opening to far. The service manager and body shop manager at my Ford dealership took pictures is discovered that the black plastic bar that comes out of the door is broken inside the door and allowing the door to open to far. They sent the info to Ford and they (Ford) turned the claim down saying it may have been opened to hard.

If you open the door you see the two main metal hinges. Up closer to the top hinge is a ribbed plastic bar that connects to the door and goes inside the door jamb.

Number #1 I cannot believe something like that is made out of plastic.
Number #2 The door has never been opened way other then normal
Number #3 How does Ford know it was not damaged at the dealer ship or in transport. The part could have been fractured and has finally broken

How should handle this and whom do I speak with?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Verify that the hinges or parts on them are covered under your warranty, the Ford warranty's list very detailed exactly what they cover. If its not on there, it comes down to weather Ford or the dealer want to do the right thing.

How long have you had the truck? The time you have it can effect your ability to claim it was during shippment, if its been a week, thats different than if its been a year. It doesnt matter if youve known about it for awhile, its the time between recieving the truck and when you brought it in.

You can always appeal decisions. Get the address or phone number to appeal warranty decisions at Ford from your dealer.

Also make a complete search on the web, there may be a site covering this and getting your name listed early may help if theres a rash of items that are class action suitable.

How much is the repair and are you able to repair it yourself do you think. I ask that, because often its just easier to go ahead and fix it rather than fight the machine......
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Dan

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe the wind?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It is common for door brakes to be made of plastic. It is uncommon for them to break under even the worst of circumstances.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dejong1
Maybe the wind?

X2 Open the door sometime when there is a good tailwind and it will rip it out of your hand and build up some speed on the long distance it travels.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

BS, bumper to bumper warranty!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RES4CUE
BS, bumper to bumper warranty!
Im assuming your being sarcastic, there cant really be anyone who thinks those warranties dont have every little thing itemized that they cover, and not one iota more..............

Trending Topics

Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Experienced Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They would get so tired of looking at me they would want to fix them just to shut me up!!! I don't take kindly to that crap.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The door hinge mechanism in the f150 is a joke, I thought Hondas were mediocre in this respect but Ford is much worse. As others have posted here, a good gust of wind could cause the problem you have described. Insist to your dealer that the problem was not from misuse or abuse, if they still give you crap complain to corporate directly. No door should be damaged by a gust of wind or simply because you opened the door on an incline. Door Hinge: CRAP ALERT
Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by NCcarguy
They would get so tired of looking at me they would want to fix them just to shut me up!!! I don't take kindly to that crap.
Ya Buddy.

Quick Reply: Warranty claim denied