Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USB radio swapping

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default USB radio swapping

I have a small issue with the USB feature on my truck's radio. When I am listening to the USB and shut off the truck it doesn't always resume playing but switches to radio, when I restart the truck. There is no consistent pattern to describe when it happens. It will switch over whether I get out as soon as I shut off the truck or if I sit in the truck until a song ends. It also does not always switch to the radio though, sometimes the USB resumes play when I restart the truck. The time away from the truck doesn't matter either. Sometimes it switches when I am out for two minutes and doesn't when I haven't driven the truck for a day or week. I have a 2009 XLT with the 6 cd sirius sync radio setup with the most current version of sync installed. This is more an annoyance than cause to trade the truck but, it would increase my satisfaction if I could get it fixed. I am using thumb drives, both SanDisk and PNY.

Last edited by NotADuc; 11-04-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:53 AM

What type of device are you using in the USB?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

my single CD Sync head unit does the same thing. As you mentioned time away from the truck doesn't matter. Mine seems to default back to FM 2 from USB. I started to notice it once I stopped using my MP3 player and started using a PNY thumb drive for my music.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same problem with my 2010 XLT and after i start it and its on radio it takes like 30 secs to a minute before it will switch to USB
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine (single CD nav) does the same. I think that it just has something to do with the USB device not starting up as quickly as the radio wants it to, but not sure.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:43 PM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah I listen to music off a USB thumb drive, and mayb 1 out of 4 times that I start the truck, it switches to the radio instead of playing off the USB right away... still haven't seen a pattern or a reason myself... I just deal with it, and hit the AUX button if it's playing the radio, and it jumps back to the USB drive and resumes where it left off
Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM

I posted a question on the SYNC website and this is the reply I got. I haven't tried it yet but if it works I will let everyone know.

When the vehicle is started, the input that was being used when the vehicle was turned off should resume. If that is not the case, you may try a master reset of your SYNC system.

To perform a master reset:

Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.
1. Press the Phone Button to enter the PHONE MENU.
2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.
3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS MENU.
4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.
5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display.
6. Press OK. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.
7. Press OK to confirm.

The radio display will read ALL RESET.SYNC will take you back to the ADVANCED SETTINGS MENU.

Sincerely,

Kristen
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Trending Topics

Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 PM

To the OP, I have the exact same issue at times. Like you said, no rhyme or reason to when it does it but sometimes it just defaults to radio. Odd thing is it goes to AM also.

Quick Reply: USB radio swapping