Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upcoming purchase questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Upcoming purchase questions

I am in the process of buying my first F-150 because of my transition into the civilian world and my new job. I am looking for a 2012-2014 with 70,000-100,000 miles on it and preferably a King Ranch, Limited, or Platinum with an ecoboost. With that being said, while i am looking at these trucks prior to and after the purchase what are some things i should be specifically looking for in terms of maintainence trends and issues? Now i understand everyone has their "at 87346 miles you need to make sure your hood latch is still working properly because i had mine come loose and the hood smashed my windshield and killed my dog" stories, im am looking for systemic issues that could warn me that the specific truck i am looking at is going to have some serious issues.

During my research prior to posting this i found individual issues for some model years (ie 2011 shuddering in 6th gear, ecoboost carbon build up, etc...) but i couldnt find anything as specific as this, however if you do find something i apologize for not catching it earlier!

Thank you in advanced for any help!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:54 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Read up on the ecoboost and its timing chain and condensation issues. I wouldn't buy a high mileage one without it having the cam phasers and timing chain replaced. Or make sure you get an extended warranty that cover those.

Quick Reply: Upcoming purchase questions