Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal not working but lights do

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal not working but lights do

2010 F150 - parking/signal light comes on but will not blink when turn signal is activated. Back turn signals work but front ones do not. I have checked fuses, replaced signal relay and even replaced the bulbs. Again, the lights come on so they work they just do not activate and blink when the turn signal is turned on. Please help
Old 08-13-2023, 02:35 PM
D-H

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I've got the same issue in my 2013, except the lights are flipped--my front turn signals work just fine and my rear turn/brake lights don't function even though the bulbs do illuminate if I turn parking lights on.

Turned out to be an internal electric failure in the Body Control Module. My shop ordered a new one, but this part is on backorder with an unknown delivery date.

Probably not what you were hoping to hear, hopefully your issue is something else.
The following users liked this post:
TXcromwell (08-13-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 09:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is doing the same thing right now. My front right turn signal won't blink but otherwise functions fine as a parking light. It started with the hyper blink. I exchanged bulbs the left side in it acts the same exact way. Ended up changing the turn signal relay but that didn't fix it. Not sure what to do next just because it shouldn't be a ground with the light still working as a parking light
Old 08-16-2023, 02:23 PM

Everything I have found or heard on top of what I have tried to fix already is the Smart Junctions Box or fuse box by the passenger kick panel....
Old 08-27-2023, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by D-H
I've got the same issue in my 2013, except the lights are flipped--my front turn signals work just fine and my rear turn/brake lights don't function even though the bulbs do illuminate if I turn parking lights on.

Turned out to be an internal electric failure in the Body Control Module. My shop ordered a new one, but this part is on backorder with an unknown delivery date.

Probably not what you were hoping to hear, hopefully your issue is something else.
how much did that cost you?
Old 08-28-2023, 05:44 PM
D-H

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by simmicha
how much did that cost you?
The new BCM was around $550. Once the part finally gets delivered, probably add another couple hundred for the install.

Worse than the cost though, is that without functioning brake lights I cant really drive the truck.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by BurpSnart
Mine is doing the same thing right now. My front right turn signal won't blink but otherwise functions fine as a parking light. It started with the hyper blink. I exchanged bulbs the left side in it acts the same exact way. Ended up changing the turn signal relay but that didn't fix it. Not sure what to do next just because it shouldn't be a ground with the light still working as a parking light
If you don't mind, can you tell me where or show a diagram of where the turn signal relay is located?

Quick Reply: Turn Signal not working but lights do