Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune and mod friendly Dealers in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Tune and mod friendly Dealers in DFW

I have a 14' 5.0 f150.
I have searched the forum but came up empty. I was wondering if any of you guys near DFW have had a good experiance with getting warranty and service work done at a dealer while having your truck modified or tuned.

I want to level my truck and would like to get a tune, intake, exhaust etc. I would also really like to put the 302 intake manifold on but I am worried that dealerships would reject the vehicle simply because of that without checking the issue. If you would rather not name the dealership you can send me a pm. Thanks.

FYI i bought my truck at texas motors ford in white settlement.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak for all the mods you want to do, but I have done the 2.5" level mod on my 2010 F150 4x4 and I asked my dealer (Town East Ford) if a level would void the drive train warranty and they told me no it would not. Have since taken my truck in for steering wheel popping and no issue what so ever about the level kit.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm interested in this as well. I recently lost the only service manager I liked at my local dealer, so I'm looking for a new place. Been thinking about calling all the other dealerships to see where he ended up.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know my best bet is just to ask the dealer. If I said anything about the boss intake, I would probably get the wtf stare. I had jeep wranglers in the past and never had an issue but stock wranglers are not the norm. I guess ill just ask them at what point would they consider a modification a warranty issue.

Quick Reply: Tune and mod friendly Dealers in DFW