Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck goes in in a couple hours... Need advice on TSB's.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 579 Likes on 406 Posts
Default Truck goes in in a couple hours... Need advice on TSB's.

Hi all,

I drive a 2013 Ecoboost Supercrew 4x4 and have had the clicking when going in to reverse issue for as long as I owned the truck. Never thought much of it until I read some threads on here. Anyways, took my truck in last Monday for an oil change (I bought maintenance for life) and they told me the transmission has a leak. This is on a truck with 9500 miles. They told me it needed to be brought in and that I would be put in a rental. When he told me about the leak and scheduled the fix, I instantly remembered I needed them to check the clicking out too. I'm going in a bit and was wondering if that issue has been resolved and/or what TSB's to tell the service advisor. All these people that work at the dealership are a nightmare and know nothing about the products they are selling which is kind of unfortunate. 3 times into the dealer for my truck so far.. Good times. Built ford tough.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

13 Lariet Screw with 2,600 miles. Noticed pop and thud when put into reverse when cold, noticed leak in rear pinion. Brought into dealership, repaired with rear pinion seal kit within an hour and it fixed the sound when put into reverse and now runs great. Take a look underneath the truck and look for gear oil on outside of rear diff housing. Dealership says its really common.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carly19
13 Lariet Screw with 2,600 miles. Noticed pop and thud when put into reverse when cold, noticed leak in rear pinion. Brought into dealership, repaired with rear pinion seal kit within an hour and it fixed the sound when put into reverse and now runs great. Take a look underneath the truck and look for gear oil on outside of rear diff housing. Dealership says its really common.
Any specific TSB that you know of?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't remember but I believe there are two TSB out for '12 model year concerning rear pinion leaks, none as I can tell for '13 models. Do a search on the site for pinion leaks, there has been a lot of discussion along with detailed TSB numbers.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Carly19
I can't remember but I believe there are two TSB out for '12 model year concerning rear pinion leaks, none as I can tell for '13 models. Do a search on the site for pinion leaks, there has been a lot of discussion along with detailed TSB numbers.
Goodie... We'll see what's said.

Quick Reply: Truck goes in in a couple hours... Need advice on TSB's.