Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tremendous temptation while getting 30K service at dealer this a.m.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Tremendous temptation while getting 30K service at dealer this a.m.

I cannot tell you how tempted I was and how close I came to pulling the trigger on a new '11, even though my plan has been to wait for a new '12.

I went to my nearest and long-time dealer this a.m. for my 30K service and while waiting for the work to be completed, I wandered out in their big back lot, looking at all the 11's sitting in the bright morning sun.

As I walked down the long line of beautiful F-150's, I suddenly came upon the exact truck I want; and exactly the configuation I would order in the Fall.

It was an 'Ebony' black Lariat, Screw with the EB and off-road package and Nav system, plus all the other goodies I wanted, and which I did not get in my current '09 XLT. The build date on the factory sticker for this truck was 06/16/11. It was the perfect truck with the perfect set of options for my needs and wants.

I will also tell you, the new alternative Ebony black is just so deep and so gorgeous; I was able to compare it nearly side by side, with the previous Tuxedo Black and the diffference was striking, IMO. I only hope they retain this color for the '12 model.

Anyway, I came so damn close to making the trade today as I have plenty of equity in my current ride. However, I just bit my lip and walked away after sitting in it for 20 minutes; as I am still hopeful the '12 will have some worthwhile updates that will make it worth the wait and won't have to kick myself again.

I love my current truck, but I kick myself for not getting the Nav system, premium sound and some other options, including sliding rear window and leather, which make for an even more enjoyable ride; thus the reason I will be trading in and up.

The sales manager told me they should be getting in their first batch of dealer ordered 12's sometime in late October to early November.

Took these with my cell phone camera so the color hue is off a little.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

That IS a beautiful truck. If you dream about it all night, maybe you should do something about that in the morning.............ahhhhhhh --- temptation!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Ya the ebony black looks awesome. If they would have had that black when I bought mine I would not be driving a white truck now. The tuxedo is just too much sparkly for my taste
Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just an FyI I'm pretty sure that I read in a thread on here that NAV wont be an option on the '12 due to the japan earthquake
Old 07-15-2011, 11:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab and Super Cab/ Super Crew

14-16 (A)
  • Raptor (W1R, X1R) are allocated for retail only
  • Lariat Limited packagehas been built out and is no longer available toorder
  • Bed Liner (96W, 96P) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more
  • Tuxedo Black (UH) and Red Candy (U6) paints have been built out for the model year andare no longer available to order
  • Navigation Radio (58N) has been built out and is no longer available to order. This option will also be unavailable for the 2012 MY
  • Super Crew body style may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more
  • F-150 Tires (T7E) may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks. Suggested alternatives are T8B and T7B
Dont know off hand what difference between the T7E and T7B/T8B tires are and to lazy to look it up now, maybe later, but there may be a delay depending on the tires you order.

Good news is, if you change your order to F650/F750 now you can get a truck with no delays.....

2011 Ford F650/F750

18-20 (A)
  • No restrictions
This was posted by RHYDER in the thread about the 20in wheels not being avaliable

Last edited by Txblue; 07-15-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Why wait when you can have the truck you want know.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:45 AM

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

You definitely need to test drive now to make sure you are ordering the right one when the 2012 order gun goes off. If that baby disappears before you test drive it, you will have uncertainty when ordering in October if the dealer has none on the lot.

Here are a few reasons to buy now.

Incentives (at least here in the NW) are the highest they have been all year. One sleazy dealer near me is advertising F150s with bells and whistles and EB at 12K below msrp. You read the fine print and they are adding in things like military and student discount.

Ford has been nickel and diming the base price of all models up about $250 a quarter.

Used trucks still sitting at high trade in values relative to a few years ago. Gas going north of $4.00 may reduce your trade drastically if you wait to order a 2012.

So test drive it and tell them to make an offer that will make you buy the truck now rather than ordering in October. Walk away with the offer and return the next day asking for a better offer if you decide to get it.

Last edited by EcoBlue; 07-16-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:09 AM
z06

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mikegs1952
Ya the ebony black looks awesome. If they would have had that black when I bought mine I would not be driving a white truck now. The tuxedo is just too much sparkly for my taste
+1
The Tuxedo looks like it needs the dust cleaned off even when its spotless.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I say buy it now! That black looks awesome!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend of mine bought a 2011 instead of waiting for the 2012 because he wanted the NAV option, which won't be available in 2012.

I know that ain't helping your temptation... but just sayin'
LoL

Quick Reply: Tremendous temptation while getting 30K service at dealer this a.m.