Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Brake Module Fault ??

Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 PM
2009 F150 Platinum

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Trailer Brake Module Fault ??

So the battery in my 09 Ford Platinum went dead the other day. I gave it a boost with Jumper cables and got it started instantly. Now every time I start the truck I get a message in the info center that says "Trailer Control Module Fault" or "Trailer Brake Module Fault". I cant remember which words it specifically used, but it was one of those. I searched the forums and found nothing on it. Does anyone know what it could be? Thanks for any help.

My truck does have the integrated trailer brake controller.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by MurphM
So the battery in my 09 Ford Platinum went dead the other day. I gave it a boost with Jumper cables and got it started instantly. Now every time I start the truck I get a message in the info center that says "Trailer Control Module Fault" or "Trailer Brake Module Fault". I cant remember which words it specifically used, but it was one of those. I searched the forums and found nothing on it. Does anyone know what it could be? Thanks for any help.

My truck does have the integrated trailer brake controller.

Try hooking up a trailer to your truck and pull it around for a few minutes, applying the brakes intermitently. Happened last October in Daytona to my buddys F350 . Message shut off after about 10 minutes pulling the trailer.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM
2009 F150 Platinum

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I will have to give it a shot but what about just hooking up a trailer with brakes. I dont have a trailer with brakes hat hooks up to my truck. I do have a 30 foot flatbed with brakes that we pull with my dads super duty. Its a fifth wheel. maybe I could hook up to it and step on the brakes a few times and see what the controller does.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer brake module fault

I have a 09 fx4 with factory trailer brake. I just replaced rotors and brakes with aftermarket drilled and slotted rotors. As soon as I did I got trailer brake module fault warning. The display in the cab doesn't even light up anymore. Has anyone else had these problemsi also so checked all fuses

Last edited by Krazyk318; 06-19-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2010 F150 Lariat with trailer brakes. I couldn't get the lights on my trailer to work so I unplugged the trailer hitch wiring harness. Now every time I start my truck "Trailer Brake Module Fault "message. Has this happened to anyone and how do I fix it.
The following users liked this post:
Yousef Obaid (12-11-2020)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trailer Brake Module Fault ??