Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took my truck in first time....I'm pissed

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Took my truck in first time....I'm pissed

I took my truck in this morning for its first Oil change along with some issues.

1) I have been getting the Radio is turn off because the battery is low since about 2 weeks after purchase.

2) rail dust and a pitted rear bumper.

3) truck bed was dirty on delivery even though it was a new truck....It had over 200kms on the truck when I picked it up....I never test drove this truck but a similar on. I did find out that the sales manager took this truck and placed a 4 wheeler in the back for a weekend and then decided that he wanted a long box as the short box was not long enough.

So now the issues:

They tested the battery and it is at 629 amps and this is a 750 amp battery....they want to put it on a trickle charge...and reprogram the system.

They contacted Ford Canada and I'm getting a new rear bumper, but they said the rail dust ( rust elsewhere is my issue)

I'm pissed about this whole situation as I'm wondering just what else maybe wrong as a result of the truck being used before I bought this new truck! I can not seem to get the truck all that clean on a no touch wash as the paint appears dirty.

I want them to clay bar my truck....is this reasonable?
What about the battery issue...the service guy told me that a loss of that many amps is not an issue....is it an issue?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:10 PM

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

You never test drove the truck before buying it? I hope you at least looked it over thoroughly.

Sounds like they are being reasonable.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sask934
I took my truck in this morning for its first Oil change along with some issues.

1) I have been getting the Radio is turn off because the battery is low since about 2 weeks after purchase.

2) rail dust and a pitted rear bumper.

3) truck bed was dirty on delivery even though it was a new truck....It had over 200kms on the truck when I picked it up....I never test drove this truck but a similar on. I did find out that the sales manager took this truck and placed a 4 wheeler in the back for a weekend and then decided that he wanted a long box as the short box was not long enough.

So now the issues:

They tested the battery and it is at 629 amps and this is a 750 amp battery....they want to put it on a trickle charge...and reprogram the system.

They contacted Ford Canada and I'm getting a new rear bumper, but they said the rail dust ( rust elsewhere is my issue)

I'm pissed about this whole situation as I'm wondering just what else maybe wrong as a result of the truck being used before I bought this new truck! I can not seem to get the truck all that clean on a no touch wash as the paint appears dirty.

I want them to clay bar my truck....is this reasonable?
What about the battery issue...the service guy told me that a loss of that many amps is not an issue....is it an issue?
I took my truck in for the rail dust thing and there was no hesitation they made me an app. To get it Clay bared. I would maybe try a diff dealer. I was led to believe rail dust is part of our warranty. I no chevy only covers rail dust for 1 year not sure what fords time frame is.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by harrison14allen
You never test drove the truck before buying it? I hope you at least looked it over thoroughly.

Sounds like they are being reasonable.
No I test drove 2 trucks the day I bought it....an Ecoboost and another 5.0

I never thought I needed to test drive the truck as it is new and any issue should be covered on warranty.

It was clean when I got there, and I never opened the tail gate when I picked it up....it was dirty and I thought oh well no big deal it is a little dirt. The paint looks dirty and it needs to be addressed....its not like I do not wash my truck.

Reasonable would be addressing the battery issue and not tell me that a loss of 18% of cold cranking amps is normal in a new truck....Reasonable would be cleaning the truck including the rail dust prior to delivery.

I was reasonable about getting into the truck and driving away and seeing 220 Kms on a band new truck.....but when it has issues....I expect them to fix them...and not tell me that rail dust is not covered!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

berlin, you were lucky. Most all of us has had to clay bar out own trucks.

OP, I agree with Harrison. Sounds like they are being reasonable. If the charge doesn't work, I'm sure they will replace the battery. They are replacing your bumper. As far as the dirt in the bed, you should have pointed that out to them before you took the truck home. Now if the bed is scratched, they should repaint it for you. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

Thanks for a little more detail. Yes, the rail dust should be taken care of but that's really something to discuss before signing off on it. As to the battery, it sounds like they tried to fix it by reprogramming it. If it's still not working then take it in again and and make them do something different. 220 kms is still considered new... that's why we test drive trucks *before* buying them.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:33 PM
King Lariat

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

My local dealer clay bars and washes every sold truck?
The following users liked this post:
cosway (03-24-2014)

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by harrison14allen
Thanks for a little more detail. Yes, the rail dust should be taken care of but that's really something to discuss before signing off on it. As to the battery, it sounds like they tried to fix it by reprogramming it. If it's still not working then take it in again and and make them do something different. 220 kms is still considered new... that's why we test drive trucks *before* buying them.

The battery tested at 629 CCA and it is an 750 CCA battery....we will see if the reprogramming fixes the issue.

A new truck is not driven by the sales manger for a weekend with his 4 wheeler in the bed....that is a used truck!

The Rail dust was not visible on delivery.....the paint is dirty and it was dirty when I bought it but could not see it right away. I'm pissed because of the fact my rear bumper needs to replaced because of pitting and the rest of the truck is not going to be addressed. My truck has 4000kms.....I purchased it Late Oct 2013.
The following users liked this post:
cosway (03-24-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by KevFord1993
My local dealer clay bars and washes every sold truck?
As should all dealers....I bought my truck in Oct 2013....it's was on the lot for a while.....long enough that my rear bumper needs to replaced!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 PM
End of the Earth

Received 377 Likes on 287 Posts

If they won't deal with the rail dust, then do it yourself. Get yourself a clay bar along with some Iron-X. If you really want to get rid of it, the Iron-X is key. Even then, it will eventually start coming back as you drive the truck more.

Quick Reply: Took my truck in first time....I'm pissed