Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there really a differnce between Dearborn and Kansas City trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Is there really a differnce between Dearborn and Kansas City trucks?

Any difference in quality?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by lazer
Any difference in quality?
With a Kansas truck you dont get that spiffy sticker on the windshield " made with Rouge river pride" and you miss out on al the fun of trying to remove it and all the glue from the inside of the glass. otherwise about the same
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (09-26-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If quality control mechanisms are in place, one would think quality would be the same from both plants

My 2012 was built in Dearborn. It has dirt/debris under the paint in three places I have found (so far). The tail lights were not oriented correctly when installed, so they gouged the paint out at the leading edge. Ford has approved fixing these things.

When I was at the dealer getting photos taken of these issues, they had a few 2013s there. One was really bad, built in KC. It was ingot silver, but the paint was darker halfway down the side of the truck, almost looked like a different shade. The dealer was working with Ford about what to do, since they couldn't sell it that way.

I guess the QC guys werethat day....

Would suggest really looking a truck over well before signing the dotted line though....
Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Well, I'm partial to my truck from the Rouge plant...and my sticker took less than 2 minutes to remove.

The Henry Ford, Rouge plant tour is pretty good too!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,145 Likes on 2,842 Posts

my neighbors 06 FX4 was built in KC and my 07 in Dearborn...no quality differences
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbabud
With a Kansas truck you dont get that spiffy sticker on the windshield " made with Rouge river pride" and you miss out on al the fun of trying to remove it and all the glue from the inside of the glass. otherwise about the same
my buddy has a KC truck and it has the same windshield sticker as my dearborn.. just sayin.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbabud
I saw one of those Green Dearborn Stickers crooked as hell on a new Platinum F150 windsheild at a dealership the other day. Usually they are marginally straight, this one was just slapped on there almost sideways, no thought about it being any part of straight! Looked more like one of the removeable round stickers that all new ones come covered with. Anyone know how I can get another one? I can see this green fading in time. lol
Old 09-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

cincyfx4 - I saw one of those Green Dearborn Stickers crooked as hell on a new Platinum F150 windsheild at a dealership the other day. Usually they are marginally straight, this one was just slapped on there almost sideways, no thought about it being any part of straight!
The one on mine too was very much askew ... So much for Quality and Pride.

Removed it and not looking back.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:16 PM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
The one on mine too was very much askew ... So much for Quality and Pride.

Removed it and not looking back.
Stickers I don't care about. Body parts is onother matter.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Dearborn XLT and a Co-Workers Kansas FX4, both in red candy, have noticable paint defects. Mine has a small paint bubbles on the edge of the passanger door on and a tiny one on the drip rail along with more orange peal. His needed the complete drivers side of the box repainted due to VERY noticable zebra stripes from the factory. As far as everything else, they seem the same. The panels are perfectly aligned on both trucks, no mystery squeaks or rattles, ect.

Quick Reply: Is there really a differnce between Dearborn and Kansas City trucks?