Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Sync Updates

Hello to all...
I'm sorry but I am relatively new to the forum. I know that I read SOMEWHERE about updating Sync (which I would like to do on my 12 F150 XLT) but damn if I can find it again. So I am giving this a shot.

I found when going to the Ford site that my truck's Sync has never been updated since the truck was built. I found the updated software on the Ford site as well as specific instructions. I have followed the instructions to a "T" multiple times but it comes up saying there's no active files on the thumb drive. I have tried two different thumb drives (must have at least a 2G, I'm using a 4G) as well as two different downloads (just in case the download was bad). NOT working...

The ONLY files extracted on the thumb drive are as follows:
1) A file folder called SyncMyRide with all the .cab files.
2) A file named "autoinstall.lst"
3) A file named "install.lst"

Anyone have ANY ideas what the issue is or how to get around this? Someone out there MUST have a stronger brain than I! :-)

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-27-2017, 11:28 PM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

What's the truck actually say is the version?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Spiky
What's the truck actually say is the version?
Thanks for responding Spiky...

I am hoping I answer you correctly. According to the Ford site I have the SYNC (basic system), and again from Ford, Gen1 - V4.0.2 was installed Jan 2, 2012. I am trying to install SYNC v4.6.

Not sure if the Sync unit in the truck has the ability to display the current version. I searched online for that info but with no luck. I'' keep searching.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

From my experience I was in EXACTLY the same scenario you were. I got mine to update and have regretted it every day since. And there is no way to roll back. It only made it worse. It takes longer to connect, It repeats its self. It no longer starts to auto play the song it was playing when you switch the input back to BT. It is HANDS DOWN all around WORSE. Its your truck...do what you want. But if I could I would go back to the old version RIGHT NOW.
The following users liked this post:
BubbaSam (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by chuddly
From my experience I was in EXACTLY the same scenario you were. I got mine to update and have regretted it every day since. And there is no way to roll back. It only made it worse. It takes longer to connect, It repeats its self. It no longer starts to auto play the song it was playing when you switch the input back to BT. It is HANDS DOWN all around WORSE. Its your truck...do what you want. But if I could I would go back to the old version RIGHT NOW.
THANK YOU Chuddly...
At this point unless someone else tells me an upgrade is worth it and offers an advantage... I'll stick with your recommendation.

This type of help is the Power of the Forum!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Don't do it, I use to could reply to messages hands free though the truck and it won't do it anymore. Siri doesn't work anymore either. I think the ghetto Bluetooth I have in my f650 works better at this point.
The following users liked this post:
BubbaSam (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 05:44 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

there hasn't been an update since i got mine in 2013. supposedly there was one and then it was pulled.