Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Text Messaging

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 03:52 AM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Sync Text Messaging

Hello Everyone

I had an update on my 2012 F150 a few weeks ago and since the update the text messaging feature in my truck kinda works. Does anyone have the same issues I am having and if you are or did how did you fix the issues.

When I receive a text message while I am driving my radio or whatever is playing music USB, iPod, CD or hard drive keeps taking the minutes of my music except I don't have any sound playing through the speakers. The way I have to fix this problem is by pulling the truck over to the side of the road and stopping putting it in park turning off the truck open the door, close the door start the truck again and everything works fine.

Another issue I get sometimes is the sound stays on except the sync display(maps, songs, temp) everything freezes and to solve the issue again I have to stop and turn off the truck and open a door.

The Ford Service Department says they haven't seen this issue before. They say my phone shouldn't even work with the sync system when it comes to text messages and when I try to turn off text messaging Sync tells me my phone is not compatible with sync so it won't let me turn off this feature.

This is the fourth time I am taking my truck back to Ford for the same issue. It's really getting annoying.

If you have any suggestions please tell me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:13 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry, I have no advice, but am very interested in this - keep me posted with what you find as well
Old 01-22-2014, 05:48 AM

I will keep you posted. I plan on telling the dealership that I don't want my truck back until they have it fixed.

If that means they have to change my head unit or my whole electrical system then that's what I want then to do.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

What type phone are you using? Which system My for touch base sync etc?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:10 AM

I am using a Nexus 4.

I never had any issues with sync until I had the update done on the truck.

I do not have my touch it's the first generation of Sync.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 AM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

I know this is for the iPhone but there is somethings in there that you might be able to try.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/sync-i...202664/index2/
Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the link.

I have tried doing a Master Reset on my Sync a few times and it's doesn't fix the issue. I have wiped all the data of my phone and reset my phone and that doesn't work either.

I have uninstalled my phone from sync and reconnected it and that doesn't seem to work either.

When I try to turn off the text messaging feature on sync it tells me that sync doesn't support my phone and it's doesn't recognize my phone for text messages but I can still send and receive text messages.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I actually had the same issue yesterday. I recently bought a 2013 and the MFT is still new to me so I thought it was something I did wrong with the phone. Im curious to see how you make out
Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 AM

I will keep you guys posted.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 PM

First update.

I took my truck to Ford this morning and I left my truck there for the day. When I dropped it off the radio cut out so I was able to show the service advisor what the radio was doing.

After being there for the day they told me that my truck needed an update so they did the update on Sync and he told me that should do the trick. When I stopped to pick up the truck this afternoon I turned on the truck and the same thing happened. I received a text message and then no radio again. I was still at Ford so I called the service advisor to come outside to show him and they asked me to bring the truck back next week.

They say they have no idea why it isn't working. So they are doing some research and hopefully they will figure it out next week.
They said they have been talking with Ford Canada and Ford Canada just says my phone isn't compatible with Sync so they are very confused as well.

That's the update for now.

I will update you again next week.

Quick Reply: Sync Text Messaging