Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync refuses to recognize the word "home"...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Default Sync refuses to recognize the word "home"...suggestions?

This seemed to happen all at once about three weeks ago. Sync recognizes all my other voice commands......phone, dial, all of the numbers etc.
However, when I direct it to "call home", sync either boots me back to the main menu like she's heard nothing, comes up with the four choices from the phone book (none of which are "home"), or connects me to to a number that is not even close.
Last night, sync connected me to "calling payment" after I asked her to "call home."....what's up with THAT?
I wonder if I uninstall then re-install my phone and phone book if this might improve. Suggestions (other than crawling into the dash and smacking her) to correct this would be appreciated.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:09 PM

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by sterlingone
This seemed to happen all at once about three weeks ago. Sync recognizes all my other voice commands......phone, dial, all of the numbers etc.
However, when I direct it to "call home", sync either boots me back to the main menu like she's heard nothing, comes up with the four choices from the phone book (none of which are "home"), or connects me to to a number that is not even close.
Last night, sync connected me to "calling payment" after I asked her to "call home."....what's up with THAT?
I wonder if I uninstall then re-install my phone and phone book if this might improve. Suggestions (other than crawling into the dash and smacking her) to correct this would be appreciated.
I argue with mine all the time. It can't recognize my southern accent. Its so exhausting after a while I just use the hand controls.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

One workaround would be to rename your home phone number in your address book to "my house". Then you would say "call my house". Sometimes working around the issue is easier than solving it.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use ICE (as in "In Case of Emergency") for my home number. I've never had a problem when I say "call ice"
Old 03-18-2014, 01:01 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Did you see if there is an update?

Mine required an update to fix a lot of the features.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Tothemax
Did you see if there is an update?

Mine required an update to fix a lot of the features.
I will try to remember to ask during the next oil change............in the meantime, I've changed the name on the phone number to "the house"....we'll see if that helps..............I am still wondering why the word "home" so suddenly confused sync.............
Old 03-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by nickel_work87
I argue with mine all the time. It can't recognize my southern accent. Its so exhausting after a while I just use the hand controls.

You, and me both nickel. Maybe a "Southern Edition" of an F-150 with a good old southern girl as a SYNC lady.

Cappy, I feel your pain. Me with a southern accent has to try speaking like a yankee at times to get that woman to understand. I wonder at times if her, and the dear Wifey are of the same cloth.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:28 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

say it like a robot would...works well on my phone!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanted33

You, and me both nickel. Maybe a "Southern Edition" of an F-150 with a good old southern girl as a SYNC lady.

Cappy, I feel your pain. Me with a southern accent has to try speaking like a yankee at times to get that woman to understand. I wonder at times if her, and the dear Wifey are of the same cloth.
I would love that lol. Lmao maybe all of our wife's are in on this lol.
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

I've labeled home as my dogs name "Nellie". Just say call Nellie and it works like a charm. She really runs the house anyway.
The following users liked this post:
Adobe2X (03-18-2014)

Quick Reply: Sync refuses to recognize the word "home"...suggestions?