Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Question

Recently bought a 2013 supercab with 6.5 ft bed. Was looking into putting a 2.5 inch rough country front level and a 2 inch add a leaf in the rear to give it a better look and slight more suspension in rear. Was wondering people's thoughts on this if anyone has experience with install, ride etc. Also if it would look silly with the stock 17 inch rims and tires. wanted to just do the suspension and leave the tires alone. Thank you for your help.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fordf
Recently bought a 2013 supercab with 6.5 ft bed. Was looking into putting a 2.5 inch rough country front level and a 2 inch add a leaf in the rear to give it a better look and slight more suspension in rear. Was wondering people's thoughts on this if anyone has experience with install, ride etc. Also if it would look silly with the stock 17 inch rims and tires. wanted to just do the suspension and leave the tires alone. Thank you for your help.
Mines a 4x4 screw, with 2.5" stock wheels currently. The only issue i had was the steering wheel popping issue, ended up being the steering rack and ford replaced under warranty besides that nothing. I like it alot better in the winter for going through snow the extra front ground clearance helps a bit. The ride feels a slight stiffer but nothing bad. Also i have nothing in the rear yet, may look at blocks, but wheels are next.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

do yourself a favor and go no more than 2" level in the front. some people have trouble and some not with 2.5", so i would not preload the front that much. AutoSpring has an offset level that you should check out, just my opinion.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 AM

Received 538 Likes on 448 Posts

You're overpaying for the RC 2.5" kit. Look into hell-bent steel, ccm, or autospring. Fraction of the cost for the same product.

Will look pretty unaesthetic with stock tire size IMO
Old 03-19-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw the auto spring ones. Use the truck on the farm daily so really looking to do the add a leaf 1.5 inch it says and I would like to level the front so it would still look good with stock rims and tires right now the difference of tire to wheel well clearance is a little less than 2.5 inches from front to back
Old 03-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fordf
Saw the auto spring ones. Use the truck on the farm daily so really looking to do the add a leaf 1.5 inch it says and I would like to level the front so it would still look good with stock rims and tires right now the difference of tire to wheel well clearance is a little less than 2.5 inches from front to back
Have a 2013 Plat, 6.5 box, A-S 1.5" level that leaves only a touch of rake. 2" would have put me nose up. Same thing with s-i-l's 2013 Plat, 5.5 box, A-S 1.5" with same very slight rake. Installed (and aligned) by A-S at their shop here in Boise. Those guys know what they are doing. Zero issues on two brand new trucks.

Tires (31.9") are looking a little small, but I won't go more than 33" when it's change time. That will also correct my odo/speedo, which (as has been noted many times) is 3% slow.

A-S got a govt. contract to lift 800+ Ecoboosts (mostly border duty). That's a lot of lift kits. No, I don't work for 'em, but think it's worth giving them a call. Might help with your decision.

Quick Reply: Suspension Question