Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super cab or Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Super cab or Supercrew

I'm debating between 2014 Supercrew and Supercab. I won't make it to the dealership for another few days, but i am super curious on the feelings of the forum. Plus I like the back and forth you guys give.

Pretty much the only thing I will be putting back there are dogs in cages and of course valuables and such as a daily driver. Passengers would be rare.... And who knows what else could happen back there

Anyone have regrets one way or the other? Price seems like the only difference as I shop around... Couple of grand and I'm trying to target a nice XLT FOR $32k max. After that, just convenience I suppose, unless I'm not thinking of all the possibilities.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Badmojo
I'm debating between 2014 Supercrew and Supercab. I won't make it to the dealership for another few days, but i am super curious on the feelings of the forum. Plus I like the back and forth you guys give.

Pretty much the only thing I will be putting back there are dogs in cages and of course valuables and such as a daily driver. Passengers would be rare.... And who knows what else could happen back there

Anyone have regrets one way or the other? Price seems like the only difference as I shop around... Couple of grand and I'm trying to target a nice XLT FOR $32k max. After that, just convenience I suppose, unless I'm not thinking of all the possibilities.
there's only one thing I use the backseat for..
Old 04-10-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

With everything you have mentioned a SCAB should suit your needs just fine
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

In tight parking spots it can be difficult to open the scab doors as they are suicide vs traditional.

If you do have passengers, the front door has to be open to open the scab doors.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

I went with the Scab for one reason,,, the bed size! So I really don't see any reason for the Scab unless you need a 8 foot bed. Of course there is a difference in pricing but with the deals out there I really don't know if that is that much of a difference. I never shopped the Scew because of the bed size so don't know what the deal difference would have been. Now other that needing a 8 foot bed I would say,,, I would rather have way to much room in the back than sometimes not having enough!
The following users liked this post:
nihilus (04-11-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by RES4CUE
In tight parking spots it can be difficult to open the scab doors as they are suicide vs traditional.

If you do have passengers, the front door has to be open to open the scab doors.
I have been there.. I think a cool idea would be to have the doors slide like the van doors do!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:04 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

I don't know of one person on the forum that has went from a supercrew to a supercab....

You won't regret getting the bigger cab.
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (04-11-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:19 PM
'10 fx4

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Crew the doors on the super are a pain in the butt in parking lots
Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 PM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

Get the supercrew. I have a supercab and regret it every time I park in a parking lot. It's a huge pain in the *** to open the rear doors let alone exit/enter the backseat. If I have passengers I have to let them out before parking or pull out so they can get in. I don't need a supercrew but I would buy one simply because of the doors.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a supercab, I don't have many passengers back there. Maybe just one or two every month. It is fine for me, it's pretty much just storage. I like the longer bed as well. Having said that, the doors are super annoying in tight places, and I don't like that the seat belts are attached to the rear door, I would prefer them to be attached to the should of the seat.

Looking back, it would still be a tough decision, but if the prices were within a grand of each other, I would probably get the crew.

Quick Reply: Super cab or Supercrew