Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuff I bought for my '13 FX4, not a mod....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 AM

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Stuff I bought for my '13 FX4, not a mod....

When I traded my '03 FX4 in for my new truck, I emptied all the stuff out of the old truck and piled it in the garage with the intention of putting it all in the new truck when I got it home. I've got junk I've been moving from truck to truck for years.

I went a little nuts at the dealership (very unusual for me) and ended up with a truck that's really nice. My wife and kids still wonder if I was drunk or something.

When I got home and looked at the ratty pile of stuff from the old truck, my first thought was "I'm not putting that junk in my nice, new truck!"

Most of it I tossed. A few things, I replaced.

Blanket - bought a new one
Umbrella - New one
Jumper Cables - left the old tangled up, greasy ones ones in the garage, will probably replace
Chains/tie downs/bungies - had a bunch, tossed the really nasty ones, bought some new ones, kept the one good chain, threw the rest in the shop
****** strap - moved to the new truck, it's pretty new and in good shape
Tools - most of them were pretty junky so I tossed them

A couple of days later, I bought this "for the new truck"

Now, every time I open the center console and see it in there, I laugh at myself a little. It's so unlike me to spend that kind of money on something I don't really need. Then I look around the truck (leather - Who would have thought?) and remember, Oh yeah, it's the new me....

Just wondering what else you guys have bought because you "needed it for the new truck"?
Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 AM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Lol understandable... I had an early mid life crisis with my truck. I traded an 06 tundra that I loved flying down trails with and only bought pre owned parts for and when I bought a 13 FX4, I said to myself.... Well I had a lifted truck so this one needs to be too, but just a little taller . But wait, I'm gonna need my windows tinted so no one can the the completely stock interior...? Oh wait, my last truck had exhaust so it's only appropriate to get exhaust, CAI and tuner. That should do it. Ohhh wait, how will I secure all my gear that I don't ever put in the bed? Got it, ill get a bak flip bed cover with tool box.

Wait... What the hell just happened?!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bed mat.

I payed three times as much for a bed mat. Just because it said f150 and I thought it would look cool in my new truck.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:34 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

I bouight new bungees, tie downs, ratchet straps, and a ball and receiver.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 AM
misses 3 on the tree

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

when I knew I was going to the dealer to trade the old truck I took everything out of it in anticipation of coming home with a new truck.

Very little of that crap has made its way into the new one.

I even cleaned out the toolbox and only put back what I have used from it in the last year. Well aside from two fishing poles and a tackle box I have not used in a while, I am not ready give up on the chance I may fish again one day.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by berlin76
I payed three times as much for a bed mat. Just because it said f150 and I thought it would look cool in my new truck.
I had to laugh berlin, because I did the same thing.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanted33
I had to laugh berlin, because I did the same thing.
Yeah the sales men asked me do you really want this its $140. What's a $140 when you're buying a brand new truck.
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (04-07-2013)

Trending Topics

Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

A blanket? You live in Florida. Is that for when the temps plunge into the 60's?

For my new-to-me truck, I bought tire chains (cables). I never use them, but Highway Patrol says I need to have them on hand when I head into the Sierras in the winter.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by f6bits
A blanket? You live in Florida. Is that for when the temps plunge into the 60's?
Ha, ha...Yes, it actually is! Mainly it's for my wife...she uses it sometimes when we are in the truck...although it's less of an issue in the new truck because of the dual climate controls...and sometimes if we are sitting outside for drinks/dinner and it gets a bit chilly (you know, like 65).
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 PM

Received 362 Likes on 231 Posts

Bought a new flashlight, tire gauge, and receiver hitch and ball. Just couldn't put the old ones on the new truck!

Quick Reply: Stuff I bought for my '13 FX4, not a mod....