Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storage for essentials

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage for essentials

Hello
I am a proud owner of a new 2013, stx supercab with the 3.7, drives fantastic but need ideas for storing jumper cables and other stuff for under rear seat or in bed I need idea's.

Thanks in advance

Bill
Old 02-20-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 712 Likes on 551 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/underseat-storage-66624/
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I carry a lot of stuff due to my line of work.

First I purchased an under the rear seet organizer from the dealership. I believe it was like $90. In that I have my rain gear, gloves, first aid kit and a few other items.

I put a small plastic bin that I purchased at WallMart in the automotive section for like $20 between the rear seats and the back of the center console. This holds my extra boots and hard hats, etc. It fit perfectly. I just put some electrical tape around the hidge points to prevent scratching my center console. Oh ya I removed the lid as well, Duh.

Lastly I put a low profile tool box in the bed of my truck which holds basic tools, equipment, backpack, tow straps, etc.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Storage for essentials-photo14.jpg   Storage for essentials-photo15.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I looked through the underseat storage thread and got enough courage to build my own. Pretty easy and turned out nicely, just take your time with it. Plenty of room for hard hat, PPE, cables, straps, and whatever else I may need. Plus when I'm carrying tools for work I just throw the seat up and load in all the tool bags (they stretch across the storage). Lumber from Home Depot, carpet from Walmart, about an hour or 2 of work and $28. Even threw on a $20 F-150 FX4 emblem on the side for some added flair.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts

If you are willing to spend the money, a DU-HA storage unit is very handy. I had one in my 06, and thought it was well worth the money. They even sell locks for your rear seat so you can secure the storage bin, and use it as a firearms transport.

http://www.duhabins.com/ford/2013-fo...-underseat.php

I even saw one in the "bargain cave" at my local Cabelas for around $100.00. Would have bought it for my 2011, but I decided to go the route of the low profile toolbox in the bed.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapietra
I carry a lot of stuff due to my line of work.

First I purchased an under the rear seet organizer from the dealership. I believe it was like $90. In that I have my rain gear, gloves, first aid kit and a few other items.

I put a small plastic bin that I purchased at WallMart in the automotive section for like $20 between the rear seats and the back of the center console. This holds my extra boots and hard hats, etc. It fit perfectly. I just put some electrical tape around the hidge points to prevent scratching my center console. Oh ya I removed the lid as well, Duh.

Lastly I put a low profile tool box in the bed of my truck which holds basic tools, equipment, backpack, tow straps, etc.

I hope this helps.
I'm jealous of the extra room you have in a SCrew. I don't carry people though so my SCab works fine.

I'll add to the list of people who built a storage box. I made mine 3 sided and used velcro to attach it to the supports at the end so if I ever need to, it's easy to take out. I don't think the SCrew has these though. Now if only the jack weren't in the way under the seat...
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

You could look at sway away storage cases for the back, they are a bit pricey but swing out for access then tuck in when not in use.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 PM
22 Years of daily F150.

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Still a fan of good old duffle bags. Pick the sizes you need. I like the flat bottom ones so they stay upright if I have to toss them in the bed to make room I the cab.
Cheap. Movable. Done.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 AM

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

There is some room behind the back seats, do a search for several threads on how to unlatch the seat back and tilt it forward.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I hung a basket from the underside of my tonneau cover. Slides open or comes completely off if you want the extra space in the bed. Cheap and easy solution to keeping a set of tools, jumpers, gloves, bungees, etc.

Its roughly 5 or 6 inches deep but doesn't take much space from the inside. Most of the items I haul (like the folding chairs shown here) will easily roll fit under it.

Quick Reply: Storage for essentials