Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock Michelin LTX AT2's

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:55 PM
HOPEFUL

Received 268 Likes on 198 Posts

Default stock Michelin LTX AT2's

For those you who had these tires on your truck stock, how did you like them? how many miles did you get out of them? how did you use/abuse them? and the most important question, would you buy them again?

I have been doing a head spinning amount of research on tires. I THINK I have narrowed down my search to LTX AT2. I am looking for basically the holy grail of tires: light weight, AT tread with decent tread wear.
It seems like this tire search is similar to the "FAST/RELIABLE/CHEAP" dilemma. you can only pick 2.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 844 Likes on 495 Posts

I have them on my truck, for what they are they've been good. I'm pretty damn hard on them, especially after I got my custom tunes (=
Done some decent 4x4'n with them, snow, rocky surface.
I'm about to replace them with a more aggressive and larger tire though.
I've got about 40k miles on them and if I had taken better care of them I'm sure I would have gotten close to 60k.
All in all not a bad tire
Old 10-13-2015, 11:36 PM

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

Had them for over 50K on my 5.0 4x4. If we had more winter weather in Atlanta I would have gone with them again. Currently on the Michelin MS (so far so good).
My AT2's saw everything from muddy farm fields to soft sandy beaches to 12 hour road trips at 70 mph. It's not a mud tire, it's not a snow tire and it's not a touring radial but it works well all around on a 5000 lb truck.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I really like them. Wish I could have been the original owner.
Truck is a 2012 built in July 12'
Picked it up this year April 15' had about 22,000mi. So my tires were less than 3 yrs old and had cracks. Basically no warranty. Not sure if it's just the Vegas heat or what. Dealer of course said they're good. Have plenty of tread but...
I've been in the mountains, desert and couple long highway trips. Don't seem to be worse, lil less tread. I would like to get more but they'll be just over 1000 at discount with certs. Saw the cooper discovery atp, just over 800, 160 a piece plus certs, like the pattern, heard pretty good stuff here. So I may try those. Price of the michelins put us almost at mud tire price. But I've only heard good stuff about these too. Hmmm decisions!!
Be nice to not have to worry about the price for me. Get whatever. Ya know!!

Here's a pic at 24,000 stock Michelins. Thought about emailing them but sure nothing would come out of it. Just hate seeing them this way when they're suppose to be 60,000 mi tires.

This pic was Sunday, went riding. Base of that hill is a section of the mint 400 track

Last edited by Allquad; 10-14-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Quick Reply: stock Michelin LTX AT2's