Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Upgrade in '13 Platinum SCREW w/ Sync 3 & Sony?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 12:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Speaker Upgrade in '13 Platinum SCREW w/ Sync 3 & Sony?

So my head is swimming right now as I've spent a lot of time researching and can't seem to get a straight answer.

I'd like to get better sound out of my truck. If I'm understanding this correctly with the sony system:

1. The front door speakers are tied into the tweeters on the A-pillar and there is a capacitor to keep out the lower frequencies with the tweeter.
2. The rear door speakers are full range.
3. I'm assuming the center speaker is also full range.

Therefore:

Should I swap out the front door speakers and tweeters with a component? Will this work if Ford has that capacitor in there?

I can put coaxial speakers in the rear doors?

Should I replace the center speaker?

Thank you so much!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

I replaced front speakers with JL components. I didn't want to mess with resistors so I tapped into the Sony amp for the signal and ran that to the crossover that is provided with the components and let it do the work for the tweeter. It only required me running one extra wire from the tweeter down to the crossovers and they are kept under the shifter right next to the amp.

Rear speakers I replaced with Infinity full range speakers and center channel I left alone. I also have a 12" shallow RF sub with MB Quartz amp for the bass. No desire for anything crazier than that.
The following users liked this post:
technologiq (09-21-2017)