Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I Went Through The Car Wash Today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 AM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Default So I Went Through The Car Wash Today...

I have a Mike's Car Wash monthly pass. Go through 4-5 times a week. In the car wash itself the truck is sealed and no leaks. Its when I pull up they pressure wash the bumper and windows. The rear slider usually let's a little water in but not a ton. Had some bird droppings conveniently left on the sliding window ledge and the guy gave it a little extra spray down. Well, the pic will do the talking, but the spray hit the passenger door panel. Any way to tighten the back window seal up?

Last edited by Robert8252; 07-11-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Ah crap! Sorry man.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I just had my exploding rear window replaced two weeks ago. We've had torrential downpours for the past week here in the Toronto area, and the past few days my truck has started to smell very musty. Sure enough the area behind the rear seats is soaking wet.

Not only that the dealer did a fantastically poor job of cleaning the headliner when they replaced the leaking third brake light, left broken bits of the glass under the seats area, and now this...

AND.... despite my intermittent stumble/shuddering they won't do the TSB for the intercooler on my 2011 FX4 until the computer stores codes, even though I've shown them videos of the engine light flashing...
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 AM

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

"vvwhat the fuuu?"

Also, a little leaking didn't bother you?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ford really needs to fix the whole rear window/3rd brake light area. How hard can it be to have proper seals?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason
I just had my exploding rear window replaced two weeks ago. We've had torrential downpours for the past week here in the Toronto area, and the past few days my truck has started to smell very musty. Sure enough the area behind the rear seats is soaking wet.

Not only that the dealer did a fantastically poor job of cleaning the headliner when they replaced the leaking third brake light, left broken bits of the glass under the seats area, and now this...

AND.... despite my intermittent stumble/shuddering they won't do the TSB for the intercooler on my 2011 FX4 until the computer stores codes, even though I've shown them videos of the engine light flashing...
Time to find another dealer. Or elevate your complaint up the chain of command. There is no reason that they should not do the repair. Don't stop complainin'!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

UAW work, don't blame Ford directly. Whose not to say the darn assembly line worker failed to install the proper seal or failed to silicone. If you ever watched the plant tour and video, these guys/gals are talking and get distracted more than there working and once the truck rolls past its someones elses issue to pick up in the QC. If you watch a Japanese plant worker, there focused and not yacking with coworkers, thus less issues with Japanese vehicles and why they always outperform the American plant cars in JD Power. Its reality. That type of water leaks is inexcusable, and guarantee the dealer will say someone didn't do something or failed to install something properly. That's way to much water to get in a vehicle.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck owner
UAW work, don't blame Ford directly. Whose not to say the darn assembly line worker failed to install the proper seal or failed to silicone. If you ever watched the plant tour and video, these guys/gals are talking and get distracted more than there working and once the truck rolls past its someones elses issue to pick up in the QC. If you watch a Japanese plant worker, there focused and not yacking with coworkers, thus less issues with Japanese vehicles and why they always outperform the American plant cars in JD Power. Its reality. That type of water leaks is inexcusable, and guarantee the dealer will say someone didn't do something or failed to install something properly. That's way to much water to get in a vehicle.
The OP is reasonable and knows that concentrating a high pressure water stream at the seam on a slider could let water in. Is this an excessive example? Yes it is but to come off sounding anti union and bashing UAW and insinuating that American workers are lazy and don't care compared to Asian counterparts is crazy.

How about you fly over there and work in those conditions for crappy pay? I assure you those workers aren't seeing the profits from car sales!

I love how people want to bad mouth the US so much but are completely content living here. If you don't like it move!

Sorry for the rant

Op, I've got nothing for you. I made sure I went with a one piece rear as I've never had luck with sliders in the past.
The following 2 users liked this post by RES4CUE:
RowdyAggie (07-11-2013), Toddman38 (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by RES4CUE
The OP is reasonable and knows that concentrating a high pressure water stream at the seam on a slider could let water in. Is this an excessive example? Yes it is but to come off sounding anti union and bashing UAW and insinuating that American workers are lazy and don't care compared to Asian counterparts is crazy.

How about you fly over there and work in those conditions for crappy pay? I assure you those workers aren't seeing the profits from car sales!

I love how people want to bad mouth the US so much but are completely content living here. If you don't like it move!

Sorry for the rant

Op, I've got nothing for you. I made sure I went with a one piece rear as I've never had luck with sliders in the past.
Rescue, not bashing America, I knew someone like you would wave the flag, its not about America its about QC. I have been taking both my Ford trucks thru countless carwashes and self cleaning and have blasted the heck out of my rear window and NO leaks. Were not talking a few drops, his was a lot. There is some seal/gasket missing or not properly installed. Sorry you find offense to the truth, its the little things that they do better than us. Like it or not its the facts. I don't see the big 3 at the top of initial quality surveys. It is what it is. Stop trying to make this more than what it is.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I miss living up north where they have Mike's carwashes. I'd think that you need them to just get the window wet and use the brush on the back in the future. Just stick your head out before heading through and tell them - they're very accomodating.
The following users liked this post:
Red13 (07-12-2013)

Quick Reply: So I Went Through The Car Wash Today...