Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seering Wheel Lights, Puddle Lights, Shifter Lights, Info Button Lights, Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Seering Wheel Lights, Puddle Lights, Shifter Lights, Info Button Lights, Not Working

I have a 2009 Ford F150 Ranch King. The lights in the steering wheel, the puddle lights, the lights in the head light switch, the 4x4 switch, the peddle adjust switch and the info button lights are all not working. However, all of these buttons and switches work. I just cannot see the buttons and switches at night. Is seems like all these lights went out at the same time. I think it was when the battery died while having some body work done on my rear cab lower corners. The battery was charged and the truck started and ran but no lights. I checked all fuses in both fuse boxes and they are good. I did the reset where you unhook the battery for about an hour and then put a jumper wire from the disconnected negative to the positive terminal and it did not help. Is there a control module for the lighting that needs to be reset or something like that? I purchased the wiring diagrams for this truck and it refers to a "MICRO" that these lights come from but I cannot find anything in the forum about a specific controller or MICRO that runs the lights. I've seen this thread several times but no answers were given. I would like to get to the bottom of this if possible. From the previous theads this is a common problem with the 09 - 14 F150s.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:23 PM
F150 Forum

Received 129 Likes on 128 Posts

Anybody can help him?

Last edited by OEDRO; 09-17-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Considering that he hasn't been on the forum in a year and a half, I'm gonna have to go with "no."
The following users liked this post:
Johnny Paycheck (07-29-2020)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 AM

Default Still in the dark

No, I still have not gotten an answer to this problem. I am basically “still in the dark”.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:15 PM

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

A side from scattering light all over the highway probably blinding people in your pics because they are not in a projector type housing which they are meant for, I'd say they are plenty bright.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Default Seering Wheel Lights, Puddle Lights, Shifter Lights, Info Button Lights, Not Working

I have a 2009 Ford F150 Ranch King. The lights in the steering wheel, the puddle lights, the lights in the head light switch, the 4x4 switch, the peddle adjust switch and the info button lights are all not working. However, all of these buttons and switches work. I just cannot see the buttons and switches at night. Is seems like all these lights went out at the same time. I think it was when the battery died while having some body work done on my rear cab lower corners. The battery was charged and the truck started and ran but no lights. I checked all fuses in both fuse boxes and they are good. I did the reset where you unhook the battery for about an hour and then put a jumper wire from the disconnected negative to the positive terminal and it did not help. Is there a control module for the lighting that needs to be reset or something like that? I purchased the wiring diagrams for this truck and it refers to a "MICRO" that these lights come from but I cannot find anything in the forum about a specific controller or MICRO that runs the lights. I've seen this thread several times but no answers were given. I would like to get to the bottom of this if possible. From the previous theads this is a common problem with the 09 - 14 F150s. Has no one figured out what is causing this yet? Do I need a new ECM or need my old one reprogrammed or something like that?
Old 01-07-2019, 06:42 PM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Maybe post the diagrams you have? Everything changed between 09-13, so I don't think my info would help you.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmsjcole@aol.com
I have a 2009 Ford F150 Ranch King. The lights in the steering wheel, the puddle lights, the lights in the head light switch, the 4x4 switch, the peddle adjust switch and the info button lights are all not working. However, all of these buttons and switches work. I just cannot see the buttons and switches at night. Is seems like all these lights went out at the same time. I think it was when the battery died while having some body work done on my rear cab lower corners. The battery was charged and the truck started and ran but no lights. I checked all fuses in both fuse boxes and they are good. I did the reset where you unhook the battery for about an hour and then put a jumper wire from the disconnected negative to the positive terminal and it did not help. Is there a control module for the lighting that needs to be reset or something like that? I purchased the wiring diagrams for this truck and it refers to a "MICRO" that these lights come from but I cannot find anything in the forum about a specific controller or MICRO that runs the lights. I've seen this thread several times but no answers were given. I would like to get to the bottom of this if possible. From the previous theads this is a common problem with the 09 - 14 F150s. Has no one figured out what is causing this yet? Do I need a new ECM or need my old one reprogrammed or something like that?
hey man did you ever find the fix, I have the identical problem on my 2010 tried same things and can't get it to work
Old 02-13-2019, 05:18 PM

Default Backlighting of buttons and switches finally fixed

I've had this problem with my backlighting since April, 2016, almost 3 years now and I could not figure out how to fix it and no one on the forum could give me any advice as to how to fix it either. So, I took my 2009 F150 to a mechanic in town who was able to clear up my seat belt trouble codes. I thought he might be able to help me with this backlighting problem. Well, he was able to get it fixed for me. I am not sure what he did but he got all the backlights working in my shifter, headlight switch, 4x4 switch, and all my steering wheel radio and cruise buttons. I had him do some other work for me as well. I think the backlight issue probably cost me about $75 to $100. The shop is John's Auto Service, 1118 E. Jefferson Blvd, Mishawaka, IN 46545, 574-257-1994. Tell him Gary gave you this number. I think for a small fee he may be able to get your backlights working also. Good luck. It sure is nice to be able to tell what gear I am in and what cruise control buttons I am hitting when it is dark out.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:19 PM

I've had this problem with my backlighting since April, 2016, almost 3 years now and I could not figure out how to fix it and no one on the forum could give me any advice as to how to fix it either. So, I took my 2009 F150 to a mechanic in town who was able to clear up my seat belt trouble codes. I thought he might be able to help me with this backlighting problem. Well, he was able to get it fixed for me. I am not sure what he did but he got all the backlights working in my shifter, headlight switch, 4x4 switch, and all my steering wheel radio and cruise buttons. I had him do some other work for me as well. I think the backlight issue probably cost me about $75 to $100. The shop is John's Auto Service, 1118 E. Jefferson Blvd, Mishawaka, IN 46545, 574-257-1994. Tell him Gary gave you this number. I think for a small fee he may be able to get your backlights working also. Good luck. It sure is nice to be able to tell what gear I am in and what cruise control buttons I am hitting when it is dark out.
The following users liked this post:
robinsnestkc (08-03-2020)

Quick Reply: Seering Wheel Lights, Puddle Lights, Shifter Lights, Info Button Lights, Not Working