Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT iTSX for Android mini Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default SCT iTSX for Android mini Review

Well I just received my iTSX for Android on Thursday and have had a few days to play around with it figured that I would give a small review of it so far. I am not going to touch on the actual SCT canned tunes since there are other threads about that, this will be pretty much about the App.

All of my testing was done with an Asus Transformer Prime but I may re-pair it with my Nexus S since I always have that with me.

So after unboxing and hooking it up I attempted to do the initial tune but I got an error that my vehicle is unsupported. After a quick call to SCT they sent me a link to update the Firmware and Tune Files on the device. The update took about 2.5 hours to complete.

Before the update I had some issues keeping the device "connected" with my tablet. I would have to reboot my tablet to get it to reconnect. But after the update I have only had the issue once.

So now with the device updated I went in and attempted to run the tune again and everything went as planned. Modifying the user adjustable options was very easy, the UI is very clean and intuitive.

Besides being able to tune you also have the ability to do performance tests(1/4 mile, 0-60 and 60-0 Braking), Read DTC's and have diagnostic gauges. The Performance Tests and DTC reading is pretty basic but the Gauges are very nice, especially on a tablet. There are 3 layouts available and you can change which gauges are displayed in each layout...its very adjustable but still easy to use.

Hopefully the future releases will fix my intermittent connectivity issues. Only things that I would like to see updated in future releases would be to add some other performance tests and also the ability to create completely custom gauge layouts in the app.

All in all a very good product for a 1.0 release, I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The following users liked this post:
Franchi Motorsports (07-30-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Aye, SCT released they had an update for the 4015 unit the day I shipped. Figures...
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just updated mine this weekend, went to reprogram back to performance this morning before I headed to work, and nothing. I got the purple light like it was connected but my phone wasn't showing connection. Then deleted from Bluetooth and tried to pick it up again. Now I'm not getting any lights on it unless I unplug it and plug back in. I get red then green then nothing. This is my 2nd itsx,the 1st was DOA.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

That's why I use the SCT 3015 with a custom tune. Not a single problem. That other stuff is too much tech for a daily driver/oilfield truck like mine.

Quick Reply: SCT iTSX for Android mini Review