Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse light help

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse light help

Can someone tell me how to make the reverse lights come on when I lock and unlock the doors? I would like the reverse lights to come on along with the taillights when locking or unlocking the doors whether by using the vehicle key or keypad. Thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 09:22 AM

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts

I have not tried this, but I am interested if someone else has.

I would think the easiest way to do it would be to install additional reverse lights into the rear bumper. (there are many threads on this) Then run the power from both the existing reverse lights, the dome lights, so they engage when either dome or reverse lights are on. (FYI - I am just an average Joe, so I don't know if the existing reverse lights have enough juice to also power the extra hardware, nor what obstacles you need to cross to run power from two sources to a single light)

I personally have plans to add the Rigid Reverse lights in a similar way to this thread. https://www.f150forum.com/f75/how-ri...-heavy-230900/

Good luck, and I hope someone comes up with a simpler solution than my theory.

Last edited by EcoBoostJake; 09-04-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Bye F150, hello F250

Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan 0
Can someone tell me how to make the reverse lights come on when I lock and unlock the doors? I would like the reverse lights to come on along with the taillights when locking or unlocking the doors whether by using the vehicle key or keypad. Thanks
You have to bridge (wire together) the inside light wire to the reverse wire. You can access both, in a supercab, under the rear kick plate, driver's side. Forget wire colours, but they are in there.

I used a diode in line so that in reverse, the cargo lights also come on, but it does not send current back to the BCM/SJB.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look sweet!

Quick Reply: Reverse light help