Reset Oil Change Message - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset Oil Change Message

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default Reset Oil Change Message

How do you reset the change oil message on a 2010 XLT 4.6 3v
Surfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
motox151's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 607
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

not trying to be an ***, but look in your owners manual. Thats why they give them to you.
motox151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
"Hold My $tone$"
 
Bottom Dollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dank$ville, near Bud$burg, U$A (It $tink$!)
Posts: 1,114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Scroll to the oil monitor index and push the re-set button.
Bottom Dollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
NorCal-09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Posts: 2,103
Thanked 71 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox151 View Post
not trying to be an ***, but look in your owners manual. Thats why they give them to you.

Not trying to be an ***; but if we each told everyone who asked a question here, to go look in the f..cking manual, we wouldn't need the forum, now would we?
NorCal-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
f3rm1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal-09 View Post
Not trying to be an ***; but if we each told everyone who asked a question here, to go look in the f..cking manual, we wouldn't need the forum, now would we?
f3rm1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
motox151's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 607
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

so wheel off sets, lift questions and all the other add on/tech questions are in the owner manual son?

There is a point when reality should kick in and people should say to themselves "o **** I have a owners manual" for such obvious questions.

Maybe its the Marine in me, but for f*cks sake common sense seems to be out the window nowadays.
motox151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
ftrucktough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,261
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox151 View Post
so wheel off sets, lift questions and all the other add on/tech questions are in the owner manual son?

There is a point when reality should kick in and people should say to themselves "o **** I have a owners manual" for such obvious questions.

Maybe its the Marine in me, but for f*cks sake common sense seems to be out the window nowadays.
ftrucktough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
"Hold My $tone$"
 
Bottom Dollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dank$ville, near Bud$burg, U$A (It $tink$!)
Posts: 1,114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Actually guys, I don't think that info is available in the owner's guide. I skimmed thru it and didn't see it.

Also, the Techs (if you call them that) at my stealer had no idea either.......

Two Techs told me it reset itself either by mileage or time........

I showed them how to reset it.
Bottom Dollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
ftrucktough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,261
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Dollah View Post
Actually guys, I don't think that info is available in the owner's guide. I skimmed thru it and didn't see it.

Also, the Techs (if you call them that) at my stealer had no idea either.......

Two Techs told me it reset itself either by mileage or time........

I showed them how to reset it.
I think this was just covered last week...

It is indeed in the manual on how to reset along with how to change your oil change interval.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../09f12og3e.pdf

Page 91-92...
ftrucktough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Williamsport Maryland
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal-09 View Post
Not trying to be an ***; but if we each told everyone who asked a question here, to go look in the f..cking manual, we wouldn't need the forum, now would we?
oaksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 5.4L 3V Rough Idle - Help Ottawavalleylad 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 12 06-28-2017 09:50 PM
Oil change 2.7l with video 2.7Ecoboost 2015 - Present Ford F150 9 02-07-2017 08:42 AM
Platinum 5.0 oil color and level Takeda 2015 - Present Ford F150 17 09-05-2015 10:20 PM
Project Reaper mufflerbearing 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 5 09-05-2015 04:13 PM
2004 F150 proven longevity. jerome_ervin 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 4 09-03-2015 05:51 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: