Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Rotors & Pads for my 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Replacement Rotors & Pads for my 2011

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted, but life got in the way. I'm writing to ask you all if there are any brake rotors & pads you would recommend or recommend against getting for my 2011? I'm not looking for anything crazy, just something similar to stock that won't wear out very quickly (and is relatively cheap). Any and all info is appreciated!...
Old 12-09-2014, 04:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in the same position as you a couple of months ago. I wanted pads and rotors that would hold up close to stock. I got 60k out of them so I didn't want to go to the local auto store and get some a I figured these wouldn't last (they usually don't).

I went with the Power Stop kits both front and rear (rotors and pads). Cost is $150 - $200 per axle. Pedal feel is MUCH better than stock and they really stop hard!
The following users liked this post:
GGlaser (12-09-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 06:23 PM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a 2011 XLT. I did my rotors and pads with EBC and they are spectacular. No cheap ***** chinese steel.

Rotors (Don't let the picture fool you, they are actually vented and look just like OEM)
Amazon.com: EBC Brakes UPR7179 UPR Series/D series Premium OE Replacement Rotor: Automotive Amazon.com: EBC Brakes UPR7179 UPR Series/D series Premium OE Replacement Rotor: Automotive
Pads
Amazon.com: EBC Brakes UD1012 Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pad: Automotive Amazon.com: EBC Brakes UD1012 Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pad: Automotive
GGlaser (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 120 Likes on 98 Posts

'13 F150 with 13k miles has had a slight vibration in the chassis/steering wheel since around 8k. Vibration only felt during braking on the shy side of moderate pressure from 30 to 15 mph.

Without any troubleshooting. Assumed the rotors weren't true. Didn't measure run-out.

Considered taking in for warranty for them to turn the front rotors. Decided against it. No need or patience for someone to run the pneumatic socket all over the wheel face and tear up whatever it is they possibly can for an issue that's likely to return as the root cause isn't addressed. Additionally the Ford OEM pads dust like mad. The color uniformity from inside of the rotor surface to the outer portion is horrible. Seems only 30% of the pad is contacting the rotor. Avoiding the headache of taking it in to have the same issue occur in the future several thousand miles from now, simply decided to replace the rotors and pads with a better aftermarket option.

Ordered a Power Stop front brake kit. The kit includes a set of cross-drilled and slotted rotors and high performance ceramic pads. Claim less noise and dust than OEM pads with more bite. The slotted and cross drilled is likely overkill for the application, however the setup is value priced. Sourced from Summit Racing free shipping, no tax.

Lubed the guides with synthetic brake grease. Didn't pull the caliper apart to grease the pins. Performed the break in procedure as documented.

Results. The vibration is gone. Brake modulation seems better. No real way to measure. Dust was high initially, but has continued to trail off over the past days. The color uniformity is considerably better indicating a better brake pad contact to the rotor. No noise. Subjectively braking feels better overall.

http://www.powerstop.com/product/pow...4WD&ss=6%20Lug

Affordable too. I see they now offer OE replacement kit.

Last edited by joedotmac; 12-10-2014 at 09:54 AM.
GGlaser (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone have any negative experiences with Raybestos or Wagner products? I'm seeing some good deals on them and I recognize the names. Thanks in advance for replies.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

Check out Napa. I got their premium rotors and pads. Rotors are powder coated on edge so they won't rust. They're nice, stop well.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:26 PM
PLATINUM

Received 241 Likes on 144 Posts

EBC - I did front and back and it was night and day!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I went with the powerstop z36

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/K31...-Lug-Only.html
Old 12-10-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silversteed
I was in the same position as you a couple of months ago. I wanted pads and rotors that would hold up close to stock. I got 60k out of them so I didn't want to go to the local auto store and get some a I figured these wouldn't last (they usually don't).

I went with the Power Stop kits both front and rear (rotors and pads). Cost is $150 - $200 per axle. Pedal feel is MUCH better than stock and they really stop hard!
Same. I went power stop. Love them.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 120 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by GGlaser
Does anyone have any negative experiences with Raybestos or Wagner products? I'm seeing some good deals on them and I recognize the names. Thanks in advance for replies.
I installed a set of Wagoner Thermo-Quiet pads on my wife's '07 Denali. Rotors surfaced, synthetic brake grease applied to the pad backing and slide areas. Quiet as the OEM pads, no notable increase in dust. Performance was on par with the OEM pads.

Quick Reply: Replacement Rotors & Pads for my 2011