Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question re: SuperCab rear door top latch

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 08:57 AM
IT nerd geek DORK NERD

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Question re: SuperCab rear door top latch

I've tried searching for this and couldn't find anything. A week or two ago I noticed quite a bit of noise coming from the driver's side rear; as I went to close the rear door I noticed the top would oscillate. Sure enough, the top latch (on the rear door itself) wasn't engaging correctly with the frame; slamming did no good.

I sat there and worked the latch a few times, manually 'locking' it and then unlocking it with the handle, and the next time I shut the door, it worked with no issues, and has since.

Are these known to go bad on a semi-regular basis? Anything I can do to prevent or preclude this from happening?
Old 11-20-2018, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,145 Likes on 2,842 Posts

Originally Posted by Kung
I've tried searching for this and couldn't find anything. A week or two ago I noticed quite a bit of noise coming from the driver's side rear; as I went to close the rear door I noticed the top would oscillate. Sure enough, the top latch (on the rear door itself) wasn't engaging correctly with the frame; slamming did no good.

I sat there and worked the latch a few times, manually 'locking' it and then unlocking it with the handle, and the next time I shut the door, it worked with no issues, and has since.

Are these known to go bad on a semi-regular basis? Anything I can do to prevent or preclude this from happening?
how often do you open your back doors? I have seen them stick if they aren't used often. But for now i would lube the crap out of it and see what happens
Old 11-20-2018, 09:11 AM
IT nerd geek DORK NERD

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

Pretty dang often, honestly; got a kid and I routinely use the back seat for storing/moving stuff.

That was my conclusion as well - lube them and see what happens. Thanks

Quick Reply: Question re: SuperCab rear door top latch