Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about buy back

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default question about buy back

I need to know if anyone has had any experience with ford on a buy back?
I have a 2011 ford fx4 ecoboost with 21000 miles. In December I posted death of a ecoboost were the motor blew up. I was told buy Ford customer relations that the entire motor assembly was to be replaced. I ask them several times on the phone if this included the turbos there answer was yes every thing that was on the motor would be replaced. 6 weeks later I got a call from my dealer that the motor was here I ran down to there shop and ford sent a long block the were taking parts off the blown motor and putting them on the new one ( intake, turbos, and fuel system) I call customer serves and they denied what I was told. The first time i got the truck back the truck started missing like it had been doing just before it blew up. I am now going on 19 weeks of running the truck and taking it back to the dealer for same problems. I have had the truck for a total of 2 weeks out of the 19 weeks off and on. I finely ask ford to replace the truck or i will have to call a attorney. I was told that the paper work was started. Today i was told the a field service tech is coming to see what can be done to fix the truck. Is this normal or is this fords attempt to get out of replacing the truck? I think I have been more then fair in letting it go this far. So far besides the motor they have replaced all coils 1 turbo rebuilt transmission replaced converter repacked drive shaft and still the problem goes on. From day one the best gas mileage this truck has got is 13 hwy and 9 pulling my bass boat. Has anyone been down this road or can anyone give some advice. thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

man sorry to hear, Hopfully they get you in a new truck. doesn't seem like they can fix this one.
The following users liked this post:
martin pierz (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 AM

Received 233 Likes on 158 Posts

If you can't get them to do a buy back, or can't afford to do one, demand a no cost 3 year/5 year extended warranty on every component on the truck.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They have already given me a extended warranty but I told them thats more a band aid then a fix.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Seek a lemon law lawyer now! Not a lawyer, a lawyer that specializes in lemon law. I've been through this with Chevy, your frustration is only going to continue to grow with no resolve.

They cost nothing (contingent based) and you simply just need to make a phone call and then send them your service records, they will advise and handle the rest and will give you some peace at mind.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

Any truck that loses an engine in the warranty period should be replaced not just the block. You would think the engineers would want to see how it failed and where. I think Fords approach is wear down the customer to the point of no return. I sounds as if an attorney would need to get involved so I would bring an attorney with you to be a witness to whats being said/done. Or not done in your case. This way if you need to escalate the situation your attny already knows the battle your fighting with.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

You need to push for a new truck. Keep coercing the dealer for a buy back or get a lawyer involved.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
CCIE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not wait, consult with a lawyer so you do not do anything that would jeopardize you.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems. My eco has been good so far but, it sounds like you can't catch a break. I would definitely push the buy back or lemon before its too late. I hate to say it but you truck doesn't sound like its in it for the long haul. Please keep us posted
Old 03-01-2013, 02:21 AM

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

I've been dealing with the same crap from Ford on my wife's 2012 Focus. They can't fix the clunks and road wandering after having it for almost as much as I have.

They offered me 2,500.00 to leave them alone,
Then 4,000.00, and now I'm waiting for the next offer. I just want them to buy the car back.

They've had the car at least one month and replaced the struts 6 times, lower A arm bushings, adjusted the exhaust, replaced the brakes, and flashed the transmission, as well as a front end alignment.

They car is not any better than it was the first time it went in.

Good luck , Ford will drag it out for at least 3 years according to my lemon law lawyer.
He said they'll drag it out and you'll get tired and just trade it off or you'll take the cash offer.
martin pierz (03-01-2013)

Quick Reply: question about buy back