Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for 2011 platinum drivers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for 2011 platinum drivers.

The ford build site shows 2 color choices for the platinum interior, grey and black. But when you click on black, there is a picture of the sienna brown leather. Does anyone have, or has seen these interiors? Whats the story?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by truckdude
The ford build site shows 2 color choices for the platinum interior, grey and black. But when you click on black, there is a picture of the sienna brown leather. Does anyone have, or has seen these interiors? Whats the story?
The ford site is very misleading. When I bought my Platinum, I thought I was going be have a black interior. It actually has the dark (sienna) brown interior. Personally, I think it looks very rich especially the way they have the seats trimmed with darker accents. I was very pleased with this unexpected surprise.

Just realized that to OP was asking about the 2011 Platinum. Sorry.

Last edited by rmrc51; 01-05-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:18 PM

I have the 2010 Plat version of this int... Brown leather seats w/ wood trim and black floor carpet and head liner.

Chris
Old 01-05-2011, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DrunkUncles
I have the 2010 Plat version of this int... Brown leather seats w/ wood trim and black floor carpet and head liner.

Chris
You have a black headliner? Mine is dark brown. My floor carpet is black.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 PM

Mine is all tan/light brown with dark brown trim on the seats and wood trim on the dash/console.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

That brown interior is one of the reasons I went with a loaded Lariat rather than a platinum. I like black leather.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by truckdude
My 2011 Platinum is at the dealer (haven't seen it but picking it up Saturday). My Sales contract listed the interior as Black but after checking the Ford build site (as you have) I was a little unsure how the interior would look.

I have seen a 2011 Brochure that shows both interior options you mention. Both show the "woodgrain" items (e.g. around the nav system) as black but the leather is either brown or steel grey. I sort of expected my truck would have the brown seats but my Sales guy says it has the steel grey leather. Go figure....I like both so no big deal for me (fortunately )

Kevin
Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by kroache
My 2011 Platinum is at the dealer (haven't seen it but picking it up Saturday). My Sales contract listed the interior as Black but after checking the Ford build site (as you have) I was a little unsure how the interior would look.

I have seen a 2011 Brochure that shows both interior options you mention. Both show the "woodgrain" items (e.g. around the nav system) as black but the leather is either brown or steel grey. I sort of expected my truck would have the brown seats but my Sales guy says it has the steel grey leather. Go figure....I like both so no big deal for me (fortunately )

Kevin
send interior dash pics etc when your able! I still can't find a platinum to look at.

Quick Reply: Question for 2011 platinum drivers.