Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 03:03 PM
ND-05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power folding mirrors

2014 Ford f150 stx, I am in the process of installing power folding mirrors, I am up to speed on the process, the wire, the connectors, the folding switch, and the wiring diagram, etc. Has anyone added the power folding mirror module into the project? If anyone has what is the part# As I understand you can complete the project without it but when you fold or unfold the mirrors you have to hold the mirror switch untill it completely opens or closes. With the module added you only have to initiate the switch forward or back and the module completes the opening or closing . What say you?
Old 04-07-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can be done, not worth it just for that function, did the easy way first, and only added the module when I added more options to the truck, plugs for the module don't exist on lower trim level trucks and to add just the folding mirror module would mean adding the drivers seat module with memory as well which would be a rats nest of wiring from seat to back of cab, not to mention adding the power supplies from under hood fuse box to module, fastest and easiest way would be to decide if you want a flow through console or not find a truck with or with out one in a lariat or fx trim add swap the complete floor harness with modules and gain a few extra options like power 10 way seats and factory amp with sub, otherwise just run the wires from door to door
The following users liked this post:
ChuckJan (04-08-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 07:11 PM
ND-05

Default Power folding mirrors

Originally Posted by civtehc
can be done, not worth it just for that function, did the easy way first, and only added the module when I added more options to the truck, plugs for the module don't exist on lower trim level trucks and to add just the folding mirror module would mean adding the drivers seat module with memory as well which would be a rats nest of wiring from seat to back of cab, not to mention adding the power supplies from under hood fuse box to module, fastest and easiest way would be to decide if you want a flow through console or not find a truck with or with out one in a lariat or fx trim add swap the complete floor harness with modules and gain a few extra options like power 10 way seats and factory amp with sub, otherwise just run the wires from door to door
Thanks for the information. I did not realize that the power seat module and the power fold module were in the same unit. I called Tasca parts and they could only identify the power seat module. I thought that it was seperate units. I am not a wize at reading wiring diagrams, but I reviewed the diagrams and saw they were one and the same. Could you used only the portion of the module for the power folding? Seems to me that the best option like you said, go the easy way. Thanks again for the help.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:09 AM
ND-05

Default Powered side view mirrors, 2014 f150

Originally Posted by civtehc
I have completed the project of installing the mirrors, and have one questions. Are the mirrors supposed to be synchronized when they fold or open? When I energize the mirrors the passenger side mirror closes and opens first.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:51 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine have a 1-2 second delay. The driver one is slower
Old 04-15-2018, 07:29 PM
ND-05

Wink Power folding mirrors

Originally Posted by 46L281GT
Mine have a 1-2 second delay. The driver one is slower
Thanks for the response. It sure is nice to post a question, and be able to compare notes, without this forum, where would we be? After reading your post, I went out and compared. My driver side mirror is about a
2 seconds slower. Thanks again.

2014 Ford f150 stx sport, 2 door, 20,000 miles, 275/55 r20 oem tires and rims, advent navigation, Leather seat.com/ leather seats, power fold mirrors, bed cover, Dee Zee Tailgate assist, instrument cluster upgrade, w/
US Speedo Stainless Gauge face, Raptor steering wheel, sub woofer, RAAM mat insulation floors/door/rear cab. More projects to follow.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckJan
Thanks for the response. It sure is nice to post a question, and be able to compare notes, without this forum, where would we be? After reading your post, I went out and compared. My driver side mirror is about a
2 seconds slower. Thanks again.

2014 Ford f150 stx sport, 2 door, 20,000 miles, 275/55 r20 oem tires and rims, advent navigation, Leather seat.com/ leather seats, power fold mirrors, bed cover, Dee Zee Tailgate assist, instrument cluster upgrade, w/
US Speedo Stainless Gauge face, Raptor steering wheel, sub woofer, RAAM mat insulation floors/door/rear cab. More projects to follow.
Mine open and close within milliseconds of each other.
The following users liked this post:
ChuckJan (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 04:27 AM
ND-05

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
Mine open and close within milliseconds of each other.
Would you have any explanation why there might be a few second delay, they are energized at the same time, the motor speed on the passenger side is faster, therefore it closes and opens faster the drivers side. Does that sound like a good answer?
Old 04-17-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Old 04-17-2018, 12:14 PM
ND-05

I went to the web site as you recommend. It was a very basic video, only stated to open and close repeatedly. I just installed the power folding mirrors without a power folding module in the circuit. I wonder if that might be part of the problem. It is only about a 1 to 2 second differance between the two. With a module in the circuit you engage the power fold and it turns off when the mirrors opne fully or close. Without the module in the circuit you have to hold the power fold button up or down and hold until the mirrors open or close fully.

Quick Reply: Power folding mirrors