Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible windshield leak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Default Possible windshield leak?

Had some heavy rain, all day and night. Got in the truck and noticed my driver side carpet is wet. Anybody have issues with water leaks. 2011 ecosrew. Sorry no pics, my wife is out of town with the camera
Old 06-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Leak

I had a 2002 Supercrew, and about 6 yrs ago water leaked from a defective seal down into the dash and damaged a module located inside there. I had started the truck in the driveway, and left it running to heat up, (this was in the middle of winter. in Ontario, Canada). When I went out to leave, the doors had locked themselves, and the interior lights were going on and off.
The end result wasnt too satisfactory. I had an extended warranty, but it didnt cover electronics. I argued that this was apparently an improper installation of the windshield, rather than mis-use or abuse on my part. I was over the 60,000km mark, so the dealer wasnt helpful. They eventually paid 50% of the labour. The part was about $600, as I recall. I believe I called a Ford "Complaints Hotline", and was told (politely, mind you) to go **** up a rope.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:23 AM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

More than likely it is a leak from your satellite radio antennae.

If you look at the gasket around the base you will notice a small hole. Many have sealed that. Check your headliner to see if you can detect any dampness there.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ABN Panzer
More than likely it is a leak from your satellite radio antennae.

If you look at the gasket around the base you will notice a small hole. Many have sealed that. Check your headliner to see if you can detect any dampness there.
I looked around the headliner and did not see/feel any dampness. The satelite antennae is on the passenger side, which is dry. My wet foor is on the driver side
Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it has a sunroof, check the drainage tube(s), if one is too short it may be draining inside the vehicle. I had this happen to me in a Honda Accord. You could see that the last 12 inches or so we're painted (signifying the end of a roll). In that car it was supposed to drain in the left front wheel well, but would puddle on the driver's side only. Once after a 100 year rain, there was about 2 inches of standing water in the passenger compartment on the drivers side. (car always had a musty smell)
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I LIKE TRUCKS

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by f150man3.5
Had some heavy rain, all day and night. Got in the truck and noticed my driver side carpet is wet. Anybody have issues with water leaks. 2011 ecosrew. Sorry no pics, my wife is out of town with the camera
Do u have a moon roof or sunroof
Old 06-03-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jrparsons
If it has a sunroof, check the drainage tube(s), if one is too short it may be draining inside the vehicle. I had this happen to me in a Honda Accord. You could see that the last 12 inches or so we're painted (signifying the end of a roll). In that car it was supposed to drain in the left front wheel well, but would puddle on the driver's side only. Once after a 100 year rain, there was about 2 inches of standing water in the passenger compartment on the drivers side. (car always had a musty smell)
No sunroof. I wish it did. One option i miss from my last vehicle
Old 06-20-2012, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 xlt 4x4 screw and I'm having the same problem. I was told by my local ford dealer that it is probably a windshield seal problem. I don't have a sunroof either. I noticed today that there is a little gutter thing that runs from the top corners or the windshield to the rear on the top exterior of the truck so I'm thinking that where it's coming in. I also just started noticing a leak inside In the back corners where the plastic meets the cloth on the roof. I'm taking it in within the next week to get the problem diagnosed and hopefully fixed so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Ctglax83
I have a 2009 xlt 4x4 screw and I'm having the same problem. I was told by my local ford dealer that it is probably a windshield seal problem. I don't have a sunroof either. I noticed today that there is a little gutter thing that runs from the top corners or the windshield to the rear on the top exterior of the truck so I'm thinking that where it's coming in. I also just started noticing a leak inside In the back corners where the plastic meets the cloth on the roof. I'm taking it in within the next week to get the problem diagnosed and hopefully fixed so I'll let you know how it goes.

that rear leak is most likely from the 3rd brake light....search for it on here...lots of threads about it. Ford can't seal a hole if their life depended on it

Quick Reply: Possible windshield leak?