Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive dealer experience (TSB 13-7-7)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 06:19 PM

Received 500 Likes on 179 Posts

Default Positive dealer experience (TSB 13-7-7)

I wanted to take the time to post my experience with Veterans Ford in Tampa. I've read through a lot of negative and so-so experiences the last few days to prepare myself. As it turns out, they resolved everything without any push-back.

Just a quick brief with TSB 13-7-7: "Some 2012-2013 F-150 4x4 vehicles with a 145-inch wheelbase may exhibit an intermittent click or snap-type noise from the rear axle on initial light acceleration from a stop in either drive or reverse. The noise may also occur on light acceleration after changing direction from drive to reverse, or reverse to drive."
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...sb13-07-07.htm

Other users have reported this on different years and models, some resolved and some not. My symptoms matched this exactly. Honestly, it is the only issue I have with my truck. (2012 FX4 Eco Appearance Package, SCREW 145" wheelbase) Also, I have a spacers in the front with 3" blocks in the back.

My experience with Veterans Ford started with dropping off the truck. I referenced the TSB and told the service writer that I could demonstrate the noise. She was good with my description and sent me away with a rental car. I though it was going to get sketchy after I dropped it off on Monday at 2pm and was called at 4pm saying it was done. They stated that the TSB was performed on the work order, but it still exhibited the same noise after I checked it out. I think they may have only re-torqued the driveshaft flange bolt and called it good. The work order wasn't specific. I demonstrated the noise to the service manager and left the truck with them again. Called them on Tuesday, and they had parts on order. Picked it up today with the complete TSB done. New flange bolts, new slinger, seal assy, and preload set to 10 (according to work order).

I figured that it would be nice to hear a positive experience, and I like to give credit where credit is due. I don't know if there's a way for Ashley (FordService) to send any commendation to Veteran's Ford, but it would be nice if you could.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dropped mine off today for this same issue plus oil change and so on.
should have it back tomorrow hopefully noise free... i have a rental sierra nice driving truck but i cant stand the seating position and how low it feels compared to my f150
Old 10-23-2013, 07:10 PM

Received 579 Likes on 406 Posts

Ford service left me a voicemail while I was on vacation... Scheduling this tomorrow and they approved me for a 5 day rental.. why I need a 5 day rental for this is beyond me. This will be time #3 in the shop for the click.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by f150gilly
dropped mine off today for this same issue plus oil change and so on.
should have it back tomorrow hopefully noise free... i have a rental sierra nice driving truck but i cant stand the seating position and how low it feels compared to my f150
I have the same issue, and also notice the differential cover/housing has some oil stains on it as well. Which dealer did you take yours too? I noticed you live relatively close to me. let me know how it goes as well.

thanks
Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 PM

Received 706 Likes on 548 Posts

Lets see if it comes back mine and others were positive to for a little while!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by caperj
Caperj, so you had the TSB done to your truck and the problem came back?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I also had a positive dealer experience at Tomball Ford. I took my truck into the dealership for a routine oil change and on the way there my check engine light came on, my truck was idling rough but never experienced any type of acceleration issues, but they said I had the CAC condensation problem as well as a catalytic converter that wasn't 100%, so I dropped my truck off Monday morning, got into my rental Camry and picked my truck up Tuesday afternoon with everything done. The truck runs great and the customer service was the best I have ever had. If you're in the area and need service done to your vehicle, go in and ask for Glenn, he's very knowledgable and easy to deal with.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:07 PM

Received 500 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by caperj
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Less than 30 days and I'll be on a 900mi road trip!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JWM1986
I also had a positive dealer experience at Tomball Ford. I took my truck into the dealership for a routine oil change and on the way there my check engine light came on, my truck was idling rough but never experienced any type of acceleration issues, but they said I had the CAC condensation problem as well as a catalytic converter that wasn't 100%, so I dropped my truck off Monday morning, got into my rental Camry and picked my truck up Tuesday afternoon with everything done. The truck runs great and the customer service was the best I have ever had. If you're in the area and need service done to your vehicle, go in and ask for Glenn, he's very knowledgable and easy to deal with.
VERY happy with Tomball Ford service. I deal with Jim Baker, super nice guy. His wife is actually my salesperson. They make a great team.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Goofball

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bodam
VERY happy with Tomball Ford service. I deal with Jim Baker, super nice guy. His wife is actually my salesperson. They make a great team.

Is her name Tammy Faye?
(jk)

Quick Reply: Positive dealer experience (TSB 13-7-7)