Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Playlist Hell - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Playlist Hell - Please Help

The 2013 %#^&* F150 Microsoft Truck will only play songs on my USB in A-Z alphabetical order -- YES - it ignores any prefix such as 01, 02, 001, 002, etc.. (numbers in front of the file name). I can't believe it!

I have dozens of CDs organized by folder (i.e. \The Police\Ghost in the Machine\ or \The Doors\Morrison Hotel\) and I've copied all these folders to the USB. I don't organize my stuff in a program because I've had these albums for years and they port from computer to computer easily without worrying about some now-out-of-date player format (anyone remember RealPlayer?).

I now understand I need to make playlists so the %#^&* F150 Microsoft Truck will play them in a specific order. OK, I have accepted this, I'm ready to do the work...

I have Windows Media Player on Windows 7 and no matter what I've tried, I can't get a PlayList I've created to be saved to the USB, it's a nightmare. When I format the USB, it will copy (sync) all of my music to the USB, but never the playlists.

I won't download a 3rd party-freeware tool that installs 9 other programs and 6 viruses onto my computer just to create a Playlist for my %#^&* F150 Microsoft Truck. For instance, I installed WinAMP and OMG, it changed my registry, installed all sorts of toolbars in my browser, a whole different nightmare.

So, can someone please help with what should be a very simple task of getting the %#^&* F150 Microsoft Truck to play my songs in the correct order either step by step with Windows Media Player or just lay it on the line, I can take it, and tell me instead of 01, 02, 03 as the prefix I've got to go AA, AB, AC, AD, AE and so on (appended to my file names).

This should not be that difficult, this was supposed to be a calm and relaxing Sunday morning. I don't know, maybe the software is too complicated for what I want or maybe the software is designed and programmed by foreign people that don't own cars and earn $8/month?!?!?! Yeah, if I sound angry, I am, sorry.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Is it possible that you first need to put all the songs in the Library, and then choose from the library to create a list?? Don't know, I rarely use my MP3.......It's gotta be something simple. You should be able to select whatever order you want the songs to be payed in, be it a playlist, by album, by author, or in alphbetical song title......Got me treed!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I dragged the folders with my music into the Library, then create a Playlist, then Sync to the USB but the Playlist isn't created on the USB, just the music files. I specifically drag the playlists but no joy.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I used copy and paste to get the playlist moved to usb. If I tried to drag it, it wouldn't work. I also opened all the folders and copy and paste the songs to usb from windows media
Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've said some words messing with my usb drive trying to get music to play so I know where you are coming from. If anything I think you were too polite!

My solution was one album per memory stick. So that's one album for me LOL. But I put 12GB of music on, ready to be in audio bliss, only to be pissed off. So now....we'll it's just got van halen playing for the time being.

Hope somebody solves it for both of us!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastskiguy
I've said some words messing with my usb drive trying to get music to play so I know where you are coming from. If anything I think you were too polite!

My solution was one album per memory stick. So that's one album for me LOL. But I put 12GB of music on, ready to be in audio bliss, only to be pissed off. So now....we'll it's just got van halen playing for the time being.

Hope somebody solves it for both of us!
Hi guys,

Brand new member here. Heck first ever Ford for me for that matter.

I understand the reluctance to download 3rd Party s/w but I bit the bullet in the interest of sanity. I used SyncPlaylist http://openviewdesign.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&It emid=124. Basically come up with your playlists in Windows Media Player, insert USB, SyncPlaylist references those lists, you pick which ones to transfer and to where (USB drive letter) and click Transfer. Worked well for me. NOTE: the Sync system MAY not play songs downloaded from iTunes and similar due to Digital Rights Management.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CanuckSARGuy; 12-16-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Playlist Hell - Please Help