Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plastic clip in front window channel

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Synthetic screw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Plastic clip in front window channel

I have a 2010 screw. A black plastic clip (2" long by 1/2" wide) was attached to the top to my pass side front window when I wound the window down yesterday. I checked the driver side and felt another of these clips in the felt window channel. Are these clips supposed to stay in the window channel or are they used for transporting the new truck from the factory? I saved the clip in case I have to glue it back in place, but the window works fine w/o the clip in place. Any help would be appreaciated.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:36 AM
in the house

Received 1,338 Likes on 776 Posts

Shouldn't be a clip there, that had to be a packaging/transport thing.
I've found similar items, the 'B' pillar (post between front and rear doors) had blocks of Styrofoam about 2" X 3" X 1" glued on it....
Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have to agree with bajaman I do not have any "clips" on my windows
Old 09-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaman
....I've found similar items, the 'B' pillar (post between front and rear doors) had blocks of Styrofoam about 2" X 3" X 1" glued on it....
I glad to see someone else post this as I have 1 of these blocks glued to the back right passenger door (Upper corner) and had no idea if this was a 'fix' for spacing... or simply for transport. if the other doors had it I would have just assumed crappy ford fix for an issue... but 1?!? I took it off and noticed no difference in the door closing/space/wind noise (but kept it in case)
Old 09-11-2010, 12:26 PM
in the house

Received 1,338 Likes on 776 Posts

Yeah...mine actually had part of the seal for the rear door sort of folded under it, making it misshapen. Took a few days for the seal to return to normal shape.
This was one of many things I told the dealer about, along with them not taking a single piece of the clear plastic protective coating off the 'chrome' plated plastics in the interior, numerous production decals left stuck to the center console, glove box, and doors.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Synthetic screw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default RE: plastic piece

Thanks guys, I thought that it was probably a transport piece and meant to be removed, but I wasn't sure. Thanks again for the info.

Quick Reply: Plastic clip in front window channel