Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture Request: Spray-in liner with Tailgate Step

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 AM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Picture Request: Spray-in liner with Tailgate Step

I have a 2013 Limited on order with the tailgate step and no bed liner. My plan is to get a spray-in liner. My understanding is that there are only two options when it comes to a liner on the tailgate with the step: the plastic liner that comes from the factory or cover that plastic liner with the mat from BedRug that's cut to fit with the pole. Could I see some pictures of how the spray-in liner in the bed looks with the plastic liner on the tailgate? If it looks "off" or has kind of an "unfinished" looked, I might wind up getting the spray-in liner and get the BedRug tailgate mat and bed mat (lay it over the bottom of the spray-in liner) to give a nicer look. The reason why I wouldn't go with a full BedRug liner is because I plan to get a Leer cover, and if the BedRug gets wet, I want to be able to remove it easily to let it dry so it doesn't get a musty smell while still having a liner in the bed. I guess I'd really like to see pictures (if anyone has them) of a spray-in bed liner with the plastic tailgate liner and/or a spray-in bed liner with a BedRug bed mat over the floor and a BedRug tailgate mat over the plastic tailgate liner.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got a 2013 Platinum on order. I'm going to replace the pole and plastic liner with a factory blank. I'm then going to Line-X the bed and the tailgate. From what I've read the step can be used easily without the pole and it get's in the way when loading material etc. I'm also going with an ARE Z series cap.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I can get you a picture later this afternoon when I pick up my truck from the Tire Shop.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't know if this is what you mean.. I removed the pole and put the plate on, it retains the step. Main reason I did this was the pole kept getting in the way, I use the step. I did this switch a little while ago and it has been great!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 PM

Thanks, guys. I'm wanting to keep the pole. I'm a short guy (5'6"), so the pole would help me out. I've seen where a lot of people ditched the pole and kept the step, but I'd like to keep it. With the type of hauling I would be doing (pretty much using the bed like a giant trunk lol), I don't think the pole would get in my way. I would find it useful when me or the Mrs. need to climb in the back, though.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Not sure if this is a pic your looking for but this is how mine came from the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails Picture Request: Spray-in liner with Tailgate Step-002.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twinkies
Not sure if this is a pic your looking for but this is how mine came from the dealer.
Do you have a spray-in liner in the rest of the bed? I was hoping to see how that plastic piece on the tailgate looked with the rest of the bed having a spray-in liner.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Not a great pic with the ipod, sorry but hope this is what your looking for.
Attached Thumbnails Picture Request: Spray-in liner with Tailgate Step-003.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

I have a spray in liner and the plastic tailgate. No problems with the mismatch in finish.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I too have a Line-X spray in. The sprayed underneath the plastic liner on the tailgate, but then replaced the plastic to improve the look. Looks great to me.

Quick Reply: Picture Request: Spray-in liner with Tailgate Step