Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking the extras... what would you do again or pass on? Buying shortly... thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Picking the extras... what would you do again or pass on? Buying shortly... thanks!

Looking to grab a Lariat (possibly FX4 again)as early as tomorrow. Tell me some of the things you would pay for again or not? Thank you!!

Here are the things I'm looking at... this will be a daily driver more than anything else.

-Auto 4x4... I like the Auto 4x4 in the Lariat... not a must but I think something that could turn me on to a Lariat over a FX4.
-Heated/cooled seats, yes!
-Eco vs 5.0.... not going to start a debate, I own an eco and drove a 5.0 again and have to say I like 'em both. I'm leaning eco again.
-HID's... not sure but leaning toward getting a truck with these.
-Mytouch & Nav??? Drove one with this system and I believe I'm convinced enough to pay for it. I typically stay clear of factory Nav. Thoughts?
-Sony system or other thoughts on stereo? Not a stereo nut... standard with Nav seems nice enough.
-Sunroof... no interest in a truck but will probably come with a package if I buy enough of the other stuff. :/

edit (added info to my pg 2 post)
-Rear camera is a must
-Planning on 3.31 or 3.55 with the Eco or 3.55 with the 5.0
Other thoughts? Thanks all!

Last edited by Shawk; 09-06-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawk
Looking to grab a Lariat (possibly FX4 again)as early as tomorrow. Tell me some of the things you would pay for again or not? Thank you!!

Here are the things I'm looking at... this will be a daily driver more than anything else.

-Auto 4x4... I like the Auto 4x4 in the Lariat... not a must but I think something that could turn me on to a Lariat over a FX4.
-Heated/cooled seats, yes!
-Eco vs 5.0.... not going to start a debate, I own an eco and drove a 5.0 again and have to say I like 'em both. I'm leaning eco again.
-HID's... not sure but leaning toward getting a truck with these.
-Mytouch & Nav??? Drove one with this system and I believe I'm convinced enough to pay for it. I typically stay clear of factory Nav. Thoughts?
-Sony system or other thoughts on stereo? Not a stereo nut... standard with Nav seems nice enough.
-Sunroof... no interest in a truck but will probably come with a package if I buy enough of the other stuff. :/

Other thoughts? Thanks all!
Very smart question. Just one thing for me. I would make sure I got the Max Payload. You never know when you will need it.
The following users liked this post:
Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 PM
firezach

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I went from a xlt to fx4. For me the leather is awesome! I love the heat and cool seats. I stuck with the Eco cause I like the get up it has. I do like the locking rear end in 2wd option. The headlight are a big improvement and love them. The nav is nice I don't use it much but love the radio and the sub is just enough to rock out! Sunroof is a nice idea I like the more open feeling but don't open it much. Overall it's a huge difference from my old XLT.
Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Discounted 402a package bundles most of what you want together + they have a $1k discount on it right now.
Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 07:35 PM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Have a 13 fx4. I think it has the 401a package. There is nothing in the package I would not buy again. Here is what I have that if I had to do it all again I would:
Leather-yes
Heated/cooled seats-yes, yes, yes
Mft with Nav-yes. Rarely use the nav but when I needed it was super handy. I hate the look of a GPS mounted on the dash with cables running for power etc. I prefer a nice clean look
Sunroof-yes. Like another member said, it rarely gets opened but I like how it lets more light in.
HID headlights- yes. Very nice look. Very bright. Love em

I too looked at the lariat. Wood grain looks like something from the 70's but to each their own!!!

Auto 4wd would be nice up here in the Canadian winters.....that would have been a really nice feature to have I guess.

But overall extremely happy with my 13 fx4. Either way I am sure you will be very happy with your new truck.
Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

Heated / cooled seats, EB, HID, moonroof FOR SURE!!!!

Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

I would want the fx4 with pretty much everything except a sunroof. Dont need it. HIDs i do want. Leather, honestly after having the explorer limited loaner i really dont like leather. Stuff always sliding around on it. THe a/c seats were awesome though. Navigation, yea i'de get it and the sound system. THe explorer had both and the system was just crazy how loud it was.
Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

If I bought my truck I would have went with a bare bones FX4 Screw as it's still a great truck but you can get for the low 40's MSRP as compared to 48-50K. I opted to lease for the first time ever and the loaded FX4 I chose was 418 a mo and the bare bones was 416 a mo due to residual values so obviously I chose to spend 2 bucks more. Leather is cool, and HIDs are awesome along with the nav and subs but only because I'm leasing. I wouldn't have spent and extra 4-5K on a purchase for my purposes anyway.
Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I went from a '10 XLT to a '12 Lariat. I love the Auto 4x4 especially living in NY with forever changing winter road conditions. I also have heated/cooled leather, and wouldn't give it up. I would definitely try to get one with an upgraded stereo, I have the 6-disc non-sony unit and had to put a powered sub on it just to make it sound decent. I currently only drive 8-9k per year, but may switch careers that will make it 20k/yr, and I wonder if nav. would have been a good idea. I have the 5.0 and love the power and growl when you get on it. I get decent mileage so I am happy with it. I never drove an Ecoboost F150, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Whatever you get, enjoy it. Mine has been pampered for the 16 months I've had it, and wouldn't trade it for anything but another F150, maybe a Raptor or Limited.
Shawk (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 09:03 PM
One Bad MoFoMoCo Owner

Received 394 Likes on 259 Posts

I would have bought a King Ranch instead of a baseline XLT. I would have also gone with the 6.5 ' bed.
Shawk (09-07-2013)

Quick Reply: Picking the extras... what would you do again or pass on? Buying shortly... thanks!