Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photoshop Request...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Displaced Texan

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Photoshop Request...

The wheels on my 2010 Lariat have lost most of the clearcoat, and look pretty horrible. I'm considering the Plasti-Dip option, but I'm just not sure how it's going to look. Are there any Photoshop (or any other picture editing software) gurus here that can hook me up? I'm thinking black is the obvious choice, but feel free to apply another color if you think it would be better. Also, if you can, I'd like to see what it would look like leaving the center cap chrome, and just paint the wheel black?

Thanks in advance to whomever tackles this for me...

Name:  20160908_184739.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  331.4 KB
Old 10-30-2016, 04:59 PM

Received 432 Likes on 233 Posts

Here are your requests. I also did a gray one which would be the Plastic Dip Anthracite Gray.
Attached Thumbnails Photoshop Request...-juliet_bravo_3.jpg  
Old 10-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Displaced Texan

That's perfect, rangerrick...THANK YOU! I'm actually kinda liking the black w/ chrome center caps, which I didn't think I would. I need to get some replacement Ford emblems for them too, but cannot locate those anywhere I've looked. If I could find them in black w/ silver lettering that would really tighten up the look.

Would like to hear others opinions on this choice...I know you have one, they're like...well, you know the rest of that.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Displaced Texan

So, I finally took the plunge, and Plasti-Dipped my wheels. It was much easier than I was anticipating, discounting the removal of the wheels, of course. I initially tried to cover the brakes with plastic, leaving the wheels on the truck, but the spokes were just too tight, and offset of the stock front wheels didn't really facilitate it.

I bought 4 cans of the black, but probably could have gotten away with only three, as this stuff covers quite well after the first coat. Initially, I just painted the wheel, and left the center cap all chrome, with the black Ford emblem overlay, which looked pretty decent. However, after staring at it for a while, I decided the ring around the center cap needed to be painted as well. I'm quite pleased with the finished look, and have gotten several compliments from co-workers. Not bad looking for a stock set of Lariat wheels, and it is certainly better than the previous look with the peeling clear coat. Let me know what you think.

Initial look with unpainted center caps

After painting ring on center caps

Old 07-27-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

That looks amazing! Great job!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wish I saw before I had those exact wheels and dipped exactly like you did. I liked the just wanted a different wheel