Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Bed Cover

Old 08-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Peragon Bed Cover

Hi All,

I am looking into getting a peragon bed cover. I think they look great, and I have read tons of great reviews on them and their customer service. I was wondering 2 things and hoping for some information.

first, does anybody have anything negative to say about them? as like I have said, I have seen almost all positive reviews. (I know its not completely waterproof, but I am in so. California and that's not all that much of an issue for me)

second, I also have a drop in bedliner in the truck, are there any issues installing the peragon bed cover with the bedliner?

Thank you all in advance for your input.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:09 PM

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

I had one on my last truck, it only leaked a little. They look good, the only thing I didn't like about it was the opening. In hot weather you just about have to wear a pair of gloves to press down on the segment to open. It can get crazy hot in 95+ summer heat.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

Had one on my truck since the group buy on here in 2011.
Leaks a little but doesn't bother me all roll ups leak some.

Does get hot so opening in summer be quick or wear a glove.

Should be fine with drop in liner. You might have to notch top of it if it goes under bed rails.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Had one in 2011 from original group buy and sold it with the truck last year. Bought another one a few months ago for my 2013, this time with the paint to match option that they now have.

Being that my truck is silver, the cover does not get as hot to the touch as the black powdercoat did on my first one. I can much more easily open this one when it is hot than I could with my previous one.

It will take some time to get set up just right and operating properly, so be patient It takes a few hours to make the small adjustments to make it operate just right.

You won't regret it. Fantastic cover
Old 08-04-2014, 08:27 PM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

I got the PTM one. Generally happy with it, but it does leak. They all do, mostly.

But I don't care for the edges of them in that if you need to lean something against the rails then you're leaning against the Peragon PTM rails (instead of your truck's rails), and if you're not careful you'll scratch them up good.

I'm in the minority here though. I researched the heck outta tonneaus and took a chance on this one. It's pretty good, but if I had the chance to do it again I wouldn't get it.

(As an aside - nothing about the product, but the literature. I didn't particularly care for all the Jesus-y stuff written in the instructions. Keep your religion to yourself.)
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

appreciate all the input thank you. I think I am going to pull the trigger on one in the next few weeks. I am not worried about a little water in the bed, even if it rains hard, I don't/won't keep anything back there that can be damaged by a little water. I am just looking for something that I can lock up my stuff (mostly baseball equipment since I am a coach), look good, still be able to use the truck as a truck when needed, and can see when backing up with the cover open.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Peragon Bed Cover