Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P2228 Code -- Low Barometric Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default P2228 Code -- Low Barometric Pressure

Hi All,

So I took my truck up to the mountain yesterday and got up just fine. Went snowboarding for a bit and was ready to head home and noticed the check engine light was on. I plugged in my SCT tuner to read the code and it came back with that P2228 -- Low Barometric Pressure. I tried searching around this forum as well as the google machine but can't seem to find any definitive answers on the code. Some suggest it could be a bad sensor and I even read on a mazda forum it could just be the air filter got wet somehow. Anyways I was seeing if anyone else on here has this code before and if anyone knows of a fix. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by bfilion05
Hi All,

So I took my truck up to the mountain yesterday and got up just fine. Went snowboarding for a bit and was ready to head home and noticed the check engine light was on. I plugged in my SCT tuner to read the code and it came back with that P2228 -- Low Barometric Pressure. I tried searching around this forum as well as the google machine but can't seem to find any definitive answers on the code. Some suggest it could be a bad sensor and I even read on a mazda forum it could just be the air filter got wet somehow. Anyways I was seeing if anyone else on here has this code before and if anyone knows of a fix. Thanks in advance!
How high were you?

http://sportback.2de.ru/13/html/M113177710022500ENG.htm

Some basic info hope it helps
Old 12-10-2012, 02:52 PM

I was at roughly 4000 ft. so quite a ways under that 4600m that mentioned. Thanks for that link though! I might just try clearing the DTC now that I am back home and see if it comes back.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by bfilion05
I was at roughly 4000 ft. so quite a ways under that 4600m that mentioned. Thanks for that link though! I might just try clearing the DTC now that I am back home and see if it comes back.
The only other thing may have been cheap gas. I have had it happen before we're I was running cross country and got a bad tank and it caused several different codes to pop. That was in 1995
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

I got the same code every time I drove above 9000 feet with my trucked tuned with a custom 5 star tune. I did not have the same problem with the stock tune. Also, when I got the code my truck would go into "limp mode" and boost was limited to 5 psi or less. 5 star sent me a new tune but I haven't been back to the high elevations to see if I still have a issue. Basically if I know I'm going to the mountains I run the stock tune with no problems,
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Deerhunter4
I got the same code every time I drove above 9000 feet with my trucked tuned with a custom 5 star tune. I did not have the same problem with the stock tune. Also, when I got the code my truck would go into "limp mode" and boost was limited to 5 psi or less. 5 star sent me a new tune but I haven't been back to the high elevations to see if I still have a issue. Basically if I know I'm going to the mountains I run the stock tune with no problems,
Thanks for the heads up. I think Ill give that a try next time I go up and see what happens.

Quick Reply: P2228 Code -- Low Barometric Pressure