Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Navigation Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Odd Navigation Problem

Something is wrong with the Nav system in my truck, even after a reset. It displays fine, but won’t find an address. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong entering the address, but I checked the manual and compared to wife's Edge with the same version of MyFord Touch and same version A4 map card. It will look up a State and City. Then, for every city (at least the few in Texas and Ohio (family) I tried) the keyboard greys out. So, I try entering it by voice command for known good addresses that work in the wife's Edge. It responds that the city and street are valid, but there are no building numbers assigned on that street. It’s like the map card has all the data and is missing actual addresses, as it displays real time as I drive just fine. Wife's Edge works just fine. Anyone ever see anything like this? Bad map card? I may see if I can get my dealer to give me a new A5 since the A5 card was out when I bought the truck and I didn't realize it.

Morning Edit: Will call the dealer for sure tomorrow. I tried finding a point of interest instead, and that worked just fine. Just looking up street addresses seems broken.

Last edited by RMR-F150; 08-17-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Update from more testing.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solved: I had some time this afternoon to troubleshoot some more and swapped out the map card for the one from the wife's Edge. Sure enough, it works just fine. So, I have a bad map card. Glad it was at least something simple.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:54 PM

Received 221 Likes on 178 Posts

If you get a new nav SD card, version A5 is out now, so you might as well make sure you get the latest one.

Edited: never mind! Reading your post again I see you already knew that!!

Last edited by KR Kodi; 08-17-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Odd Navigation Problem