Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not trying to start another thread just a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not trying to start another thread just a question

Just installed h13 hids there is a white like filement along side the clear tube should these be to the inside of the truck or outside or does it matter. Right now one is too the inside and one is too the outside do I need to flip the bulb or can they only go one way help please...
Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

You mean pointed in or out right? I don't think it matters. I think one of my fog light hids points the opposite direction of the other and they work fine. The only thing that will happen is that it might look a little weird when you see it through the lens if standing in front of the truck.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apeman
You mean pointed in or out right? I don't think it matters. I think one of my fog light hids points the opposite direction of the other and they work fine. The only thing that will happen is that it might look a little weird when you see it through the lens if standing in front of the truck.
Yea that white filiment on the driver side is to the outside of the truck the other is on the inside but they look amazing at night. You have to be looking to see it. The only other question I would have is when you switch from low beam to high beams you can hear what I think is a noise from the ballast is that normal 55w system H/L H13s. Thanks for all the info guys on this forum are a great help
Old 03-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No big deal, bro.

Quick Reply: Not trying to start another thread just a question