Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New truck warranty rejection.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 PM
RVJ

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Default New truck warranty rejection.

I bought this FX4 in April. It currently has less than 7000 miles on it. I found a stress crack in the grill surround last weekend while giving it a hand wash. I took it to the dealer and he agreed it looked like a stress crack as no other damage is present at or near the crack. He took pictures and sent them to Detroit. He heard back from Detroit and they told him to tell me that it is normal for the grill to crack from slamming the hood closed and so they are not going to repair or replace it. I called Detroit and got a 2 day runaround and was told again today that there was nothing they would do about it. My concern is that If the bumper to bumper warranty won't cover an obvious defect with the truck only having 7000 miles on it, what else is the warranty not going to cover. I left GM after 40 years to give Ford some business but now I'm rethinking my decision.
For those of you that are long time Ford people I'm wondering, Is their quality as bad as GM when it comes to their product or am I just a person that has that "go ahead and screw me" look on my face? I have applied a little super glue to it to keep it from spreading but the more I think about it, the more it just plane Peeses me off.

Last edited by RVJ; 10-10-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Gas Guzzler

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

wow sorry to hear man. this board is loaded with folks getting screwed by Ford. its ridiculous man. I will never purchase another Ford product.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Gas Guzzler

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

yeah I regret not buy a GMC sierra myself
Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the same crack in identical locations in two places on my grill....got the same run around, I'll post pics later when I get home.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM
RVJ

Originally Posted by TCREAMER
I have the same crack in identical locations in two places on my grill....got the same run around, I'll post pics later when I get home.
I would like to see the pics. I will probably have to fix it out of my pocket but I would be bummed out if it did it again. I wonder if the chrome surrounds are more solid? I've really been loving this truck but there is no excuse for not standing behind a bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
RVJ

I had an 08, an 09 and a 10 Sierra that I bought new. The front bumper chrome peeled and was replaced under warranty on the 08. The wheels had the finish come off of the 09 and the 10 but they were all replaced under warranty. I left GM for a better product hoping it was Ford. Maybe I should have investigated which had the better warranty instead, and stayed there. At least the warranty meant something. Now I worry if everything that goes wrong with it will end up costing me money that a warranty should cover.
I really love this truck. I look for excuses to drive it. I hand wash it weekly and have hand waxed it twice since April. I enjoy showing it off. I convinced my work buddy to buy a new Platinum. Now I have that same old kicked in the crotch feeling again.
I've already been specing a 2013 on the build site to get an idea for my next purchase, but now I'm really doubting my choices again. I hate being betrayed.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

It's a truck, how else are you suppose to close the hood-like a little old lady(no offense to any little old ladies out there). Does Ford put out a book on how to deny warranty claims. I haven't had many problems with my F150 but every warranty issue I have taken it in for was denied, but they sure didn't have a problem offering me a free oil change if I brought the customer satifaction survey back to them. And as for buying a GMC Sierra, I have one and it does not compare to my Ford. I only bought it because my daughter wanted one.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 PM

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

Ford should have really stepped up and fixed that. There no way a brand new truck should have cracks in the grill.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe Ford should really consider changing this:

The following users liked this post:
Highsticks Eh! (10-15-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RVJ
I bought this FX4 in April. It currently has less than 7000 miles on it. I found a stress crack in the grill surround last weekend while giving it a hand wash. I took it to the dealer and he agreed it looked like a stress crack as no other damage is present at or near the crack. He took pictures and sent them to Detroit. He heard back from Detroit and they told him to tell me that it is normal for the grill to crack from slamming the hood closed and so they are not going to repair or replace it. I called Detroit and got a 2 day runaround and was told again today that there was nothing they would do about it. My concern is that If the bumper to bumper warranty won't cover an obvious defect with the truck only having 7000 miles on it, what else is the warranty not going to cover. I left GM after 40 years to give Ford some business but now I'm rethinking my decision.
For those of you that are long time Ford people I'm wondering, Is their quality as bad as GM when it comes to their product or am I just a person that has that "go ahead and screw me" look on my face? I have applied a little super glue to it to keep it from spreading but the more I think about it, the more it just plane Peeses me off.
Same stress cracks on mine and rejected also not happy!!!

Quick Reply: New truck warranty rejection.