Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New sound system, questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New sound system, questions

So im looking at getting a new sound system with a kenwood deck that supports the sync, but what am I looking at for other components? I'm looking at probably putting in a sub and a few tweeters. Stock speakers are fine for now. So do I need this PAC system? Do I need to require the speakers or what? Will this kenwood deck cause any problems and does anyone know where to find bezels in the 2011 fx4 finish for double Dins?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

PAC MSFRD1 or METRA AXXESS FRST will keep sync and connect ur double din

METRA has bezels to keep ur fx dash of u don't have that "matrix" print like my '10 did

Don't know jack about speakers so couldn't tell u that. But u would still need PAC/METRA harness.

Kenwood is second on my list after pioneer head units.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by FiveOhFuzzF150
PAC MSFRD1 or METRA AXXESS FRST will keep sync and connect ur double din

METRA has bezels to keep ur fx dash of u don't have that "matrix" print like my '10 did

Don't know jack about speakers so couldn't tell u that. But u would still need PAC/METRA harness.

Kenwood is second on my list after pioneer head units.
Metra seems to only sell the one with the navigation buttons, since the nav button setup is different than the stock stereo.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by energie

Metra seems to only sell the one with the navigation buttons, since the nav button setup is different than the stock stereo.
Look at scoshe (I think that's how u spell it lol) I have a 7" pioneer deck in my truck and I also had non navigation buttons. Idk if anybody makes the fx4 gloss black finish though. U might have to get it painted. As for speakers, I have jl components in the front doors. They come with tweeters which I mounted in the triangle space where the air blows put for the driver and passenger Windows. In the back doors I have jl 6x8. A thousand watt sub under the back seat that powered all the speakers, and a single amp that powered my 10" sub also under the backseat
Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by blyons808
Look at scoshe (I think that's how u spell it lol) I have a 7" pioneer deck in my truck and I also had non navigation buttons. Idk if anybody makes the fx4 gloss black finish though. U might have to get it painted. As for speakers, I have jl components in the front doors. They come with tweeters which I mounted in the triangle space where the air blows put for the driver and passenger Windows. In the back doors I have jl 6x8. A thousand watt sub under the back seat that powered all the speakers, and a single amp that powered my 10" sub also under the backseat

Yes but they all seem to have the info setup reset buttons and my f150 has the screen so those aren't there. Need to find a place that makes a 2011-12 f150 bezel
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 AM

Oh. I didn't know u had the navigation system. I thought u had the base model and that's why u wanted to change it out. In that case, I'd just get the PAC adapter that let's u run aftermarket amps and speakers. I wouldn't change out the nav screen for an aftermarket unless u are nit picky about ur sounds.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 AM

Oh. I didn't know u had the navigation system. I thought u had the base model and that's why u wanted to change it out. In that case, I'd just get the PAC adapter that let's u run aftermarket amps and speakers. I wouldn't change out the nav screen for an aftermarket unless u are nit picky about ur sounds.
Sorry Lol by my truck has the screen I meant the screen in the gauges so it has no info setup reset buttons in the dash. So basically it just has the hazard traction control and pass airbag buttons right in the center and all the kits they make have 6 buttons up top.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by energie
Sorry Lol by my truck has the screen I meant the screen in the gauges so it has no info setup reset buttons in the dash. So basically it just has the hazard traction control and pass airbag buttons right in the center and all the kits they make have 6 buttons up top.
What kind of kenwood are u getting? Double din or single? If ur getting a double, then here is the kit that I currently have in my truck. This one has the three buttons in the middle for airbag etc.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-5820
Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 AM

What kind of kenwood are u getting? Double din or single? If ur getting a double, then here is the kit that I currently have in my truck. This one has the three buttons in the middle for airbag etc.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-5820
Oh thanks! Yeah I'm getting a double din!
Do you have pics?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did a sound system swap on my 09. I would go ahead and swap out the speakers if i were you tons better sound. I went with the infinity kappa 6x8 in the front and back.

Quick Reply: New sound system, questions