Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Livernois Tune Review not so good...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Indecisive Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Livernois Tune Review not so good...

Well guys i was really excited about ordering my new tunes from Livernois Motorsports after all the great feedback i had seen on all kinds of websites. I ordered it last week and put it on right away.

Pretty straitforward just follow the directions. Changed out my thermostat as well like they said, ordered a 170 degree thermostat and when i recieved it it was a 160 degree one but they were either to lazy to send me the correct one after i questioned them or they changed the tunes to a 160 now which i don't know why my fan runs so much now but could just be how it works. The thermostat was a pain in the A**!! everything i read was its easy but it was not easy for me. New thermostat did not come in a reisch box like he described to me it should have, it just came in a lil plastic baggy with the tune in a lil box, and had no new o ring for it so i had to use old one becuase no parts stores sell them it has to be ford. So thats what makes me think its not the correct thermostat to begin with.

Secondly instantly gained alot of gas mpg. Before i was getting 11-12 highway and now im getting 13-14 city and 14-16 highway @ 80mph. Huge gains which I'm very happy about.

But the bad news…. im running the 87 performance, 91 performance, 91 tow, and 93 performance.

So far ive used 91 octane becuase thats all i use in my truck since iver owned it. Truck is definately faster but it does not shift good at wide open throttle at all. Very very rough and it cuts out and then bogs down. I like the tune and when your easy on it, it's great, but WOT is "scary" becuase of the stuff i could be breaking. I had a short period for about 30 min i lost all power and sounded like my wastegates wouldnt open. IF i punched it it would barely move and accelerate very slowly, way worse than stock. This scared me. So i put the tune back to stock and unhooked the battery for 15 minutes then retuned it back to 91 and everything was good again, except for the wide open throttle.

I called Livernoise and talked with him about it. He said the truck could just be adapting and it could take over a week. So thats not very cool to get a tune and baby it for a week. But now its been almost a week and same issue happens every time when im on it all out. The truck just lunges and then shifts very late ,no matter what gear its in, then i can feel it bog out and start cutting out as it just knocks my rearend back and forth. Idk to me it seems the tunes not right or the trucks lacking the fuel to keep up.

If i can't get it figured out the tunes coming off the truck and i wasted $750 because its not worth ruining my power train. It's not worth having the tune if i cant use it WOT when i need too. It could kill me trying to get on the highway one day.

Any ideas? Anyone else have the tune??
Old 12-24-2013, 06:56 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Bummer... my truck runs and shifts great with my Livernois tunes.
Was you planning on running your truck at the track? If not you shouldn't have bothered getting the thermostat. But that has nothing to do with your shifting issues.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Did you reload the tune?

Also, if you have not gapped or changed your plugs, this might cause problems. If the plugs are gapped too wide, they can blow out under significant boost. The platinum tipped plugs are inferior t the newer iridium tipped plugs...

Not sure why you got a thermostat??

Last edited by jwanck11; 12-24-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Indecisive Member

Originally Posted by NASSTY
Bummer... my truck runs and shifts great with my Livernois tunes.
Was you planning on running your truck at the track? If not you shouldn't have bothered getting the thermostat. But that has nothing to do with your shifting issues.
No sir its just a daily but on their website it "highly recommends" the 170 thermo. And its very rough when im wide open otherwise its great. I let them know its lifted with 35's so idk if thats whats throwing it off.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Indecisive Member

Originally Posted by jwanck11
Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Did you reload the tune?

Also, if you have not gapped or changed your plugs, this might cause problems. If the plugs are gapped too wide, they can blow out under significant boost. The platinum tipped plugs are inferior t the newer iridium tipped plugs...

Not sure why you got a thermostat??
He mentioned the plug thing so mayb i have to go that route too now but this is just seeming to become a money pit now. The website Highly reccommends the thermostat it says witht he purchase of their tune. I would have rather not done it.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 131 Likes on 121 Posts

Rear end going back and fourth and it feels bogged down its a long shot but does it just break loose and spin after it shifts
The following users liked this post:
Boatman_FX4 (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Indecisive Member

Originally Posted by Krack499
Rear end going back and fourth and it feels bogged down its a long shot but does it just break loose and spin after it shifts
Nope this is after its at full RPM at 1st gear going to 2nd its just cuts out and on over and over til i let off. Very bad feeling on the truck.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatman_FX4
No sir its just a daily but on their website it "highly recommends" the 170 thermo. And its very rough when im wide open otherwise its great. I let them know its lifted with 35's so idk if thats whats throwing it off.
That shouldn't matter I run 34.5" tires. I wonder if you got some bad gas??? It might be pulling timing @ WOT.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Indecisive Member

Originally Posted by NASSTY
That shouldn't matter I run 34.5" tires. I wonder if you got some bad gas??? It might be pulling timing @ WOT.
Ive filled up three different places now…Shell V power, Conoco, And Phillips 66 three different towns as well one an hour away
Old 12-24-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

Reische does not make a 160 thermostat for our trucks, so who know what brand you were sent.
The following users liked this post:
Boatman_FX4 (12-24-2013)

Quick Reply: New Livernois Tune Review not so good...