Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LED fog light bulbs to match '13 Platinum HID headlight.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Sun, Fun & Guns

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Default New LED fog light bulbs to match '13 Platinum HID headlight.

What a difference! The factory bulbs had a yellowish tint to them(second pic shows the difference) and since my Platinum has H.I.D. Headlights they looked like ***. So I found these on CarID.com for like 40.00 *BTW, don't mind the yellowish tint to the headlights, the sun is hitting them at a goofy angle. They're not yellowish by any means.

Factory bulbs

Left new bulbs, Right old bulbs

New bulbs

Last edited by GetScrewed; 06-23-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
The following users liked this post:
Legendsk (06-23-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow they look nice..
Old 06-23-2013, 02:46 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Only down side is the leds fog bulbsdon't put out as much light as the stock halogens! You'd have to put rigids in there for better output!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What is the part number and brand?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Sun, Fun & Guns

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Only down side is the leds fog bulbsdon't put out as much light as the stock halogens! You'd have to put rigids in there for better output!
Upon driving at night time I noticed they didn't throw quite as much light as the stock bulbs did, that being said, I don't see much if any fog here in S. Florida and mainly use them when pulling out of my elevated driveway(hate blasting the neighbors bedroom w the HIDs) and wanted them more for looks. I also wanted them for when I'm on the expressway... I wanna be as visible as possible, really bad drivers down here in S. Florida! They match the HID projectors great and look like they belong there. No more yellowish mis-matched lights up front.

Last edited by GetScrewed; 06-23-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Sun, Fun & Guns

Originally Posted by 07bluelbz
What is the part number and brand?
They are made by LUMEN, I bought them at CarID.com. If you go there and put in your trucks info(year,make&model)you are taken to them in the lighting section. *** The white ones are what I went with to match, they also have yellow.

Last edited by GetScrewed; 06-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I would sure like to see a night picture to see the difference between OEM bulbs and the LEDs as far as lighting objects at roadside. We have almost no fog here, but deer are a daily (and nightly) nuisance. Spotting them in time is the main use for fog lights around here. Although I suddenly wonder..... if you use yellowish bulbs so they won't attract bugs, maybe yellowish head / fog lights would be less attractive to deer too?

Trending Topics

Old 06-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Sun, Fun & Guns

Originally Posted by Legendsk
I would sure like to see a night picture to see the difference between OEM bulbs and the LEDs as far as lighting objects at roadside. We have almost no fog here, but deer are a daily (and nightly) nuisance. Spotting them in time is the main use for fog lights around here. Although I suddenly wonder..... if you use yellowish bulbs so they won't attract bugs, maybe yellowish head / fog lights would be less attractive to deer too?
I will try to remember to get a pic this evening. Not many deer here. Just crazy drivers...
Old 06-23-2013, 03:15 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by Legendsk
These wont help you spot Deer They're mostly for looks not function! If you want leds in the fog area to put out a lot of light get some Rigids, op have done it with Success! But the rigids are more OffRoad use Only! As they're bright...
Old 06-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Sun, Fun & Guns

Originally Posted by Toddman34
These wont help you spot Deer They're mostly for looks not function! If you want leds in the fog area to put out a lot of light get some Rigids, op have done it with Success! But the rigids are more OffRoad use Only! As they're bright...
In other words, Go w the rigids if you're OffRoading or really enjoy annoying the fuq out of other oncoming traffic... Like I stated, I was going for looks more than increase in function I didn't require.
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (06-23-2013)

Quick Reply: New LED fog light bulbs to match '13 Platinum HID headlight.