Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need HELP!!!!!

I have a 2010 xlt supercab with the 5.4L. when idoling it has been acting up but either dropping way down to around 400 rpm or either jumping up to around 2200 all on its own. i won't touch any pedals and it will just jump back and forth. Then i went and filled it up with fuel last night and went to start it and wouldn't start. the starter just continually went but it never fired. So we towed it to a shop and then while parking it tried again and it started but just barely. No gauges or lights came up but the engine sat there and went put put put put put put all by it self. so i turned the key off and took it out of the ignition and it continued to do it. so i put the keys back in and turned them to the run position then it partially came to life but ended up dieing with in 15 seconds. Does any body know what could possibly be wrong with it. It only has about 32000 miles on it. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A similar thing like this happened to me last night. I have a 2010 5.4 Platinum and was verrrry low on fuel. I stopped to fill it after driving less than 2 miles from a cool start. After filling with my favorite E85 I went to leave and it would not start. I turned the key and let it go like normal and it sputtered and died. The second attempt was the standard 10 second crank with no result. Tried again and the same no start. Got the owner's manual out and saw that you are to depress the accelerator pedal 1/3 to 1/2 the way down and try again. This time it sputtered and finally got running only to have the oil light come on and noticed NO oil pressure. It was low on oil, about 1/2 quart so I put some in. Next attempt worked again with pressing on the pedal and I had oil pressure so I drove home. Worked fine this morning...