Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Need advice

Hi all!

I've been a lurker on here for quite a while and this is my first post.
I'm finally able to get a new f150. I've been looking at crew cab fx4 s with the gray 20 in wheels, luxury group and the 5.0. Love this truck!
Here's my concern: I've emailed about 15 dealers from here in nj to as far away as Ohio. Everybody's " sale price" is within 1000$ dollars of each other. How is this possible? Every dealer seems to be running the exact same sale. One dealer ran x-plan (which I'm eligible for) and guess what? The x- plan starts out at the same (42,995 average) as everybody's sale price. This is making me suspect that this is all a bunch of B.S. and the true price of the truck is really somewhere around 42,995. Is there a standard price ford dealers are told to charge?
Does anybody know how I can see the actual x-plan price? When I go on the website it just keeps saying the price is currently unavailable.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ducky
Hi all!

I've been a lurker on here for quite a while and this is my first post.
I'm finally able to get a new f150. I've been looking at crew cab fx4 s with the gray 20 in wheels, luxury group and the 5.0. Love this truck!
Here's my concern: I've emailed about 15 dealers from here in nj to as far away as Ohio. Everybody's " sale price" is within 1000$ dollars of each other. How is this possible? Every dealer seems to be running the exact same sale. One dealer ran x-plan (which I'm eligible for) and guess what? The x- plan starts out at the same (42,995 average) as everybody's sale price. This is making me suspect that this is all a bunch of B.S. and the true price of the truck is really somewhere around 42,995. Is there a standard price ford dealers are told to charge?
Does anybody know how I can see the actual x-plan price? When I go on the website it just keeps saying the price is currently unavailable.

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure about the x-plan, but I'm in a search for a new truck as well. I've contacted about about 5-6 dealers in my area and they're all around the same price. It seems normal to me. It's just trying to find the dealer who's willing to negotiate with you in your terms.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 PM
FX4 User

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Internet price is a good place to start. From there go in and act interested. Get it in writing and say you have to talk to the wife and take the price to other dealers and see if they will beat it.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

There are several web sites that can tell you what the dealer paid and what incentives are offerd the dealers all pay the same but the factery ofers incentives depending on model and volume If you are a cash buyer or pre approved financing [ no trade] then get the numbers and dont be afraid to make an offer. if you have a trade you have much more room to negotiat a trade value. just remember the dealer is in buisness to make money and he will try to squease every penny he can get and they are good at it but nobody in there right mind pays sticker unless they are desperate or have poor credit. good luck

Quick Reply: Need advice